Albondigas Soup. It is our version of comfort food. Albondigas Soup is a traditional Mexican soup made with juicy, herb and rice infused meatballs Albondigas Soup is make ahead friendly (tips and tricks included!) stores and reheats beautifully, is. Albondigas Soup Is A Delicious Mexican Recipe Filled With Meatballs, Vegetables And Spices!
This albondigas soup is made with beef and rice meatballs which are simmered in a seasoned tomato broth along with potatoes, carrots and zucchini. Albondigas Soup is a traditional Mexican meatball Soup made of a comforting and nourishing broth and hearty herb-filled meatballs. This albondigas soup recipe was given to me from my mother-in-law. You can cook Albondigas Soup using 22 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Albondigas Soup
- Prepare of Meatballs.
- You need 2 lb of turkey, ground.
- Prepare 2 clove of garlic, minced.
- You need 2 tbsp of ground cumin.
- You need 2 tbsp of dried orgegano.
- You need 1 tbsp of black pepper.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- It’s of Soup.
- You need 1 of shallot, minced.
- Prepare 3 clove of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil.
- You need 5 of carrots, chopped.
- It’s 4 cup of cabbage, shredded.
- Prepare 2 1/2 cup of diced tomatoes.
- You need 6 cup of chicken broth.
- It’s 3 cup of water.
- It’s 1 tbsp of cumin.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of dried oregano.
- You need 5 oz of El Pato Jalapeno Salsa.
- Prepare of Optional Toppings (after soup has been cooked).
- You need 1 of cilantro.
- Prepare 1 of avocado.
It's definitely one my favorite soups. Honestly, it's better than most restaurants that I've tried. Albondigas soup, or meatball soup, is the Mexican version of the classic meatball soup dish. It features beef meatballs cooked in a very light and flavorful broth full of my favorite veggies.
Albondigas Soup instructions
- In large bowl, mix all meatball ingredients and set aside..
- In large soup pot, sauté the shallots and garlic in the olive oil until shallots are translucent..
- Add the carrots, cabbage, tomatoes, chicken broth, water, cumin,and oregano, mix well and bring to boil..
- Using your hands, form the meat into golf ball size meatballs and gently drop into the boiling soup. Turn the heat down to medium low and simmer for 20-25 minutes, stirring occasionally (gently not to break apart the meatballs)..
- Add El Pato, stir and simmer for another 5 minutes…
- Serve with cilantro and/or avocado..
The other wingman in this recipe is the tomato broth. You may recognize it as the broth from our Chicken Tortilla Soup. Caldo de Albóndigas is a traditional Mexican meatball soup, served in a light and healthy broth full of vegetables. Albondigas Mexican meatball soup is a simple dish with light broth, vegetables, and meatballs flavored with chorizo. This post has been updated with new.