kale soup with chorizo (portuguese caldo verde). Inspired by the classic Portuguese dish caldo verde, this brothy soup takes on rich flavor from Spanish chorizo. Be sure to pick up firm, cured The kale can get dark if held in the soup too long, but shortly after cooking it will show off its nice, bright green color (snap your Instagram photo then). This Portuguese kale soup, also known as caldo verde, is a traditional soup made with potatoes, chorizo sausage, and thinly sliced kale.
A potato and kale soup, flavoured with chorizo. Caldo verde (Portuguese for "green broth") is a very popular soup in Portugal, each household having its own version. Caldo verde is a hearty Portuguese soup chock full of kale, chorizo, potato and aromatics. You can cook kale soup with chorizo (portuguese caldo verde) using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of kale soup with chorizo (portuguese caldo verde)
- Prepare 1 bunch of fresh kale thinly shopped.
- It’s 6 medium of potatoes.
- Prepare 1 medium of onion.
- Prepare 4 clove of garlic.
- It’s 1 of chorizo (portuguese sausage ).
- It’s 4 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil.
- You need 1 of salt to taste.
- Prepare 1 liter of water.
Get the recipe now on Delish D'Lites! She was Portuguese, and her kitchen was always filled with delicious smells and flavors. I didn't know what I was eating at the time, but I knew back then that it was damn. Kale has become quite popular in recent times, and developed a healthy food reputation.
kale soup with chorizo (portuguese caldo verde) instructions
- peel; wash and cut ruefully the potatoes the onion and the garlic.
- cook in salty water until tender.
- make a pure (if is too thick add a little more water ) add the kale and the chorizo and cook in medium heat for 30 minutes.
- serve with the chorizo sliced and spread olive oil on top.
It is available in most large supermarkets. Here, kale and chorizo are added to a hearty Portuguese potato soup recipe. Caldo Verde – Portuguese Green Soup. To make this Caldo Verde recipe the Portuguese way, cut the kale or collard greens into thin strips instead of chopping it. ½ pound of Portuguese chorizo sausage or Spanish chorizo cut into thin slices. Make kale the star of this nutritious, low calorie potato and chorizo soup.