chicken enchilada soup. Chicken Enchilada Soup has everything you love about chicken enchiladas… in one big bowl of Chicken Enchilada Soup. I love turning classic meals into soups, it's an easy (maybe even lazy). If you like the chicken enchilada soup form Chili's, then you will love this!
Chicken enchilada was the signature soup at one of my favorite lunch spots growing up; I still devour a bowl every time I return home. It is a thicker, richer cousin of chicken tortilla soup — like you are. In our opinion, Chili's chicken enchilada soup is one of the best things on their menu. You can have chicken enchilada soup using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of chicken enchilada soup
- You need 1 lb of skinless boneless chicken.
- You need 1 tbsp of veg. oil.
- Prepare 1 clove of garlic.
- It’s 1/2 cup of diced onion.
- It’s 1 cup of maseca.
- It’s 3 cup of water.
- Prepare 1 cup of red enchillada sauce.
- Prepare 2 cup of shredded cheddar chese.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of chili powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of ground cumin.
- You need 1 quart of chicken brooth.
It took a while to figure out, but we've finally figured out how to recreate it at home. This chicken enchilada soup though, it's a saucier, spicier version of tortilla soup… and it's gooood, really goood! I love how easy it is to prep and how quickly it comes together. Homemade soup hits the spot and this Chicken Enchilada soup is no exception.
chicken enchilada soup step by step
- In large pot cook chicken in medium heat in oil till brown on all sides. remove set aside..
- cook onion & garlic in remaining oil till clear then add chicken broth.
- in a seperate bowl whisk maseca (1. cup) + 2 cups water till blended.
- pour measeca/water mix with 1 cup water+ enchilada sauce, cheese, salt, chilli powder, cumin – bring to a boil..
- shred cooked chicken and then add to pot..
- reduce heat & simmer 30-40 minutes.
I'm all about the quick and easy dinner options. There's not much better than soup made in the slow cooker, and this enchilada soup is no exception. This chicken enchilada soup is loaded with shredded chicken, corn, beans, vegetables and cheese, then finished off with a variety of toppings. An easy one pot dinner that the whole family will love! Chicken Enchilada Soup is a delicious, easy soup make with some fun and unique ingredients you'll love!