Mexican Chicken and lime rice soup. Bring to a boil over high heat. Mexican Chicken Soup/Stew over Cilantro Lime Rice. I'm still in shock at how good cauliflower rice is and with the fresh cilantro and lime just perfect!!
I have been nailing the mexican chicken soup at Casa Grande lately. They are not shy about loading it with tons of chicken, avocado, fresh veggies and cilantro and the portions. Use plenty of lime, raw onion and cilantro! You can have Mexican Chicken and lime rice soup using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Mexican Chicken and lime rice soup
- Prepare 4 cups of Chicken broth.
- Prepare 1 of avocado.
- It’s 3 of chicken breasts.
- Prepare 4 of limes, juiced.
- You need 1 of Jalepeno, thinly sliced.
- You need 1 of onion, chopped.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Cilantro, chopped.
- You need 3 cloves of garlic.
- It’s 2 cups of rice, cooked.
- You need 1 Tbsp of oregano.
- Prepare 2 Tbsp of cumin.
- You need 1 Tbsp of chili powder.
You could use vegetable stock here if you prefer (instead of the chicken stock). This is from Mark Bittman's Bring to a boil over med-high heat. Add rice, some salt and pepper; lower heat so that it just bubbles. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the rice is tender.
Mexican Chicken and lime rice soup step by step
- In skillet, cook chicken, then cube it..
- In large pot, add broth, lime juice, and spices and bring to a boil. Add chicken and cover, let simmer..
- Sauté onion and garlic, add to pot..
- Add Cilantro and Jalepeno right before serving. Serve over rice with avocado and Mozzerella cheese.
Mexican Chicken Soup is flavorful soup made with lime, cilantro, onion, and a jalapeño to spice it up! It is topped with a fresh slice of avocado and served with a side of rice. We eat at our local restaurant, Mi Casita almost once a week. Cozy up with this One Pot Mexican Chicken and Rice Soup! It's healthy, hearty, and so full of flavor!