Mexican Albondigas (Meatball Soup).
You can have Mexican Albondigas (Meatball Soup) using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Mexican Albondigas (Meatball Soup)
- Prepare 2 lbs of ground beef.
- You need 4 of Russet potatoes (cubed).
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of rice.
- You need 2-3 of carrots (sliced).
- You need 2 of eggs.
- You need 1 of oregano, salt & pepper.
- You need 1 of garlic clove.
- You need 4 cups of chicken stock.
- Prepare 4 cups of water.
- You need 3-4 of roma tomatos.
- It’s 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 1 of medium yellow onion (minced).
Mexican Albondigas (Meatball Soup) instructions
- In large mixing bowl combine ground beef, 1/2 cup rice, eggs, salt & pepper. Mix together with your hands. Then roll out medium size meatballs, setting them one by one onto wax paper. Once you have used up all the mixture, set aside..
- Now peel & cube your potatoes, dice your tomatoes, slice your carrots & mince your onion..
- In a large pot put in your olive oil, tomatoes & onion. Cook until translucent..
- Now add chicken stock, water, potatoes, carrots, garlic clove & GENTLY place your meatballs in one by one. Cover pot & let it slowly boil for about an hour..
- When the meatballs are fully cooked (you'll know because the rice will start to pop out of the meatballs & fluff up) & your veggies are tender, then add oregano & the other cup of rice. Cover again, place on low heat for 10 more mins or until rice is tender..
- Serve with warmed up corn tortillas & a little bit of lime juice (optional) & ENJOY!.