Albondiga soup. Albondigas Soup is a traditional Mexican soup made with juicy, herb and rice infused This Albondigas Soup recipe is hearty, warm, comforting and customizable with your. Albondigas Soup Is A Delicious Mexican Recipe Filled With Meatballs, Vegetables And Spices! This albondigas soup is made with beef and rice meatballs which are simmered in a seasoned tomato broth along with potatoes, carrots and zucchini.
You may recognize it as the broth from our Chicken Tortilla Soup. This albondigas soup recipe was given to me from my mother-in-law. It's definitely one my favorite soups. You can cook Albondiga soup using 12 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Albondiga soup
- You need 2 1/2 lbs of lean ground beef (uncooked).
- It’s 2 (8 oz.) cans of Tomato sauce (1 for meatballs, 1 for broth).
- Prepare 1 of Egg.
- You need 1 cup of extra long grain enriched rice.
- You need 2 tsp. of Garlic powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of Salt.
- Prepare 3/4 tsp. of Pepper.
- You need to taste of Garlic salt.
- Prepare 6-8 of medium sized Yellow potatoes.
- It’s 4-6 of large Carrots.
- It’s of Any other vegetable you'd like to add to your soup (onions, celery, zucchini, corn).
- You need of Lime (optional).
Honestly, it's better than most restaurants that I've tried. This Albondigas Soup, an authentic Mexican meatball soup, is served in a light and When I want a light, healthy and filling meal, this Albondigas soup is always the clear. Caldo de Albóndigas is a traditional Mexican meatball soup, served in a light and healthy broth full of vegetables. This Albondigas Soup recipe is a hearty broth-based Mexican Meatball Soup, made in an Instant Pot pressure cooker, with seasoned meatballs, and vegetables.
Albondiga soup step by step
- Fill a large pot halfway with cold water. Add 1 can of tomato sauce. Cover pot, set stove to high, and bring to a boil..
- Mix ground beef (uncooked), egg, rice, 1 can of tomato sauce, and seasoning in a large mixing bowl..
- Use your hands to further mix ingredients and shape/roll into 1" meatballs..
- Once the broth is boiling, add salt and garlic salt to the broth, to taste. Then, carefully plop the meatballs into the pot one at a time. Cover pot and leave to simmer on medium-low for 30 min..
- While the meatballs are simmering, peel and chop potatoes, carrots, and any other vegetable you'd like to add to the soup. Chop the pieces into medium sized chunks (if they're too big, they won't cook right; if they're too small, they'll dissolve).
- After the meatballs have simmered for 30 min., add the veggies to the broth. Let simmer on medium low for 45 minutes..
- Check that the soup is done by trying to poke a fork through the veggies. It should go in easily. If it doesn't go in easily, continue to let it simmer and check it every 15 minutes until it is done..
- Pour yourself a bowl, squeeze some lime in (optional). Enjoy!.
Albondigas Soup is a delicious meatball soup with a richly flavored broth. Delicate meatballs seasoned with fresh herbs bump up the flavor! Jump To Section What Are Albondigas? How to Make Albondigas Soup This hot and cozy albondigas soup is filled with zesty beef meatballs and hearty vegetables, plus a generous sprinkle of spices for a touch of mild heat! Albondigas Soup – a hearty and warm Mexican meatball soup made with juicy, well-seasoned rice and beef meatballs simmered in a flavorful tomato-based broth along with.