Cream of Green Chile Soup.
You can have Cream of Green Chile Soup using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Cream of Green Chile Soup
- You need 1 lb of Roasted Anaheim Green Chilies (2 pounds fresh).
- You need 1 of minced Jalapeño Chile (optional).
- You need 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s 1 tbsp of butter.
- You need 7 of minced garlic cloves.
- It’s 2 of medium onions.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of white wine.
- Prepare 4 cup of heavy cream.
- You need 4 cup of half and half.
- You need 3 of chicken bouillon cubes.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of sour cream.
- You need of white pepper.
- You need of salt.
Cream of Green Chile Soup step by step
- In a large, heavy-bottomed pot, sauté onions and garlic in olive oil and butter over medium-high heat until softened..
- Add green chiles and jalapeño and continue to sauté until the chiles are tender and some browning has begun on the bottom of the pot..
- Add wine and scrape up browned bits with a wooden spoon. Continue cooking until the wine reduces to almost dry..
- Add heavy cream, half-and-half and bouillon cubes. Let the mixture come to a boil, then reduce heat to low to allow a small simmer for 45 minutes..
- After 45 minutes, add sour cream, salt and white pepper. Stir until the sour cream dissolves. Then simmer for another 10-15 minutes..
- Transfer to a blender and purée, working in batches if necessary..
- Pour the blended soup through a fine strain and serve warm..