Cheesy amazing tortilla soup. A hearty, cheesy soup with diced tomatoes, shredded chicken, taco seasoning and lots of cheese, this soup will feed a hungry OMG its amazing my husband wants it again this weekend. Cheesy Tortilla Soup. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Make chicken soup sing with this collection of south of the boarder soup which is just begging to be eaten all winter long.
I perfected this recipe by "tweaking" to figure out a copycat recipe of Max and Erma's Chicken Tortilla Soup. Amazing is the word for this chicken tortilla soup recipe. Easy Chicken tortilla soup that is hearty and comforting. You can have Cheesy amazing tortilla soup using 18 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Cheesy amazing tortilla soup
- Prepare 1/2 of onion, chopped.
- You need 1 of chicken broth (as needed) I use 2 full boxes.
- You need 1 of Fire roasted tomatoes (as needed).
- You need 1 of Pepper jack cheese (half a block).
- You need 1 of Black beans (I use two cans).
- It’s 1 of Pinto beans (2 cans).
- It’s 4 of chicken breasts.
- You need 1 of Cheese (as much as you want I use a whole small bag).
- Prepare bunch of Cumin (I use a lot of this).
- It’s 1 of paprika.
- It’s of garlic powder.
- Prepare of Salt and pepper.
- It’s of Cilantro.
- It’s of Tortilla chips.
- It’s 1 of Lime.
- Prepare 1 of Sprinkle cheese.
- You need 1/2 large of avocados.
- Prepare 1 of Chopped green peppers.
The chicken is nice and tender and the soup is packed with flavor. Like this tortilla soup I made this past summer! Yes, you're going to put corn tortillas IN your soup! And let them cook down and thicken the soup.
Cheesy amazing tortilla soup instructions
- Boil 4 breasts of chicken.
- After your done cut it into cubes.
- Take a pot pour chicken broth and all your spices and beans and tomatoes in the pot including the chicken.
- Once all your beans and tomatoes are soft to your liking stir in pepper jack cheese and American cheese squirt half a lime in the pot and keep stiring until cheese is melted make sure to watch this because you could burn your cheese and beans if you don't continue to stir!!.
- Pour into bowls top with more cheese, tortilla chips cilantro avocado and a little lime and your done!!.
I didn't have corn tortillas so I used flour and added corn, extra spices. Try our Cheesy Tortilla Soup as an alternative to traditional chicken soups. The spice of Cheesy Tortilla Soup is topped with crunchy tortilla chip bits. The best tortillas to use for tortilla soup are stale yellow corn tortillas. Yellow corn tortillas are sturdier than white corn tortillas and have a richer flavor when cooked.