Ume syrup – Japanese plum syrup (plum juice base). Green plum syrup, liquor, & pickles (Maesil-cheong, Maesilju, & Maesil-jangajji: 매실청, 매실주, 매실 장아찌). How to Make Japanese Plum Wine. How to Make Ume Plum Syrup.
Umé Juice (梅ジュース) is a popular beverage in Japan made with a syrup extracted from green umé. This creates an ultra-concentrated syrup that can be cut with water to make a juice; poured on pancakes or yogurt; or even used as a flavorful sweetener for marinades and sauces. Prunus mume is an East Asian and Southeast Asian tree species classified in the Armeniaca section of the genus Prunus subgenus Prunus. Kawan-kawan dapat menyiapkan Ume syrup – Japanese plum syrup (plum juice base) hanya dengan menggunakan 2 bahan dan 6 langkah saja. Berikut ini bahan dan cara untuk memasaknya, yuk kita coba resep Ume syrup – Japanese plum syrup (plum juice base)!
Bahan-bahan Ume syrup – Japanese plum syrup (plum juice base)
- Diperlukan 1 kg of green plums (unripe).
- Sediakan 1 kg of rock sugar (crystallized white sugar).
If you rinse plum, remove any water. Add plums and sugar alternately in a sanitized jar. If you want to enjoy Japanese plum flavor drink but prefer juice to alcohol beverage, home made plum juice is perfect fit! You can drink it cut with water, soda or even hot water when you want it in cold winter.
Cara membuat Ume syrup – Japanese plum syrup (plum juice base)
- To sanitize a glass jar, pour boiling water in the jar, drain well and air dry..
- Wash plums gently, remove hulls with a bamboo stick, and dry well with paper towels one by one. Please make sure the plums are dried well otherwise the moisture of plums will cause growing mold in the jar..
- I recommend using rock sugar for making plum wine. It takes time to dissolve and that means it helps to extract the flavors from the plums at a slower pace..
- Layer the plums and the sugar alternately in the jar.
- Put the lid on the jar and store in a cool, dark place. You can start using this syrup after it’s been resting for at least 2 weeks. Give it a gently shake the jar everyday to mix sugar. That helps the extract comes out from the plum. Better to write the date you started on the jar so that you can remember when the plum gets ready to be used!.
I like use this syrup on shaved ice in summer time too! Umeboshi are pickled (brined) ume fruits common in Japan. The word umeboshi is often translated into English as 'salted Japanese plums', 'Japanese plums' or 'preserved plums'. Ume (Prunus mume) is a species of fruit-bearing tree in the genus Prunus, which is often called a "plum". Maesil Chung or Korean Green Plum Syrup is a fermented syrup made from Green Apricot Plums and sugar.