Mike's Tortilla Soup & Green Chile Corn Bread.
You can have Mike's Tortilla Soup & Green Chile Corn Bread using 21 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Mike's Tortilla Soup & Green Chile Corn Bread
- It’s of Chicken Tortilla Soup & Garnishes.
- Prepare 3 lb of Shredded Chicken [rotisserie chicken preferred].
- It’s 2 (32 oz) of Boxes Chicken Broth.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of Each: Celery With Leaves & White Onions.
- It’s 1 cup of Fresh Carrots [chopped].
- You need 1 cup of Fresh Cilantro.
- It’s 3 of large Jalapeños [diced & de-seeded].
- It’s 6 of large Roasted Hatch Green Chili's Or 7 oz Can Diced Green Chil.
- It’s 1 of large Tomato Or 10 oz Can Rotell Tomatoes.
- You need 1 cup of Corn.
- You need 1 tbsp of Each: Ground Cumin – Onion Powder.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of Lime Salt – Sea Salt Or Powdered Chicken Bouillon.
- Prepare 1/3 tbsp of Coarse Ground Black Pepper – Red Pepper Flakes – Cayenn.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Minced Garlic Or 1 tablespoon Powdered Garlic.
- You need 1 tsp of Lime Juice [if not using lime salt].
- It’s 1 of 12" Flour Tortilla [cut into spoon sized bites – add in the la.
- It’s 1 Handful of Mexican 3 Cheese [to tame & thicken].
- It’s 1/4 tsp of Mexican Oregano.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Of Your Favorite Salsa [optional-hot or mild. just for a.
- You need 1 of GARNISHES / TOPPINGS: Colored Tortillas [deep fried] Mexican 3.
- You need 1 of White Onions – Green Onions – Cilantro – Jalapeños – Lime Wedg.
Mike's Tortilla Soup & Green Chile Corn Bread instructions
- Always keep your chicken [or other bloody meats/seafoods] away from any of your kitchen items or foods. This will help prevent any cross contamination..
- Pre-cooked and hand shredded Rotisserie Chicken seems to work best in this dish for roasted flavor purposes. It's also much less work. Just shread it into spoon sized pieces and place in a larger pot..
- If using raw chicken or chicken breasts, trim the fat and wash your chicken then simply boil them in chicken broth or water until fully cooked before going any further..
- Again, if using chicken breasts, check for doneness by sticking a knife in the thickest part of your largest chicken breast after 25 – 30 minutes of boiling. Make certain all fluids run clear and not pink. If at all pink or red in color, boil until ALL fluids run clear..
- Place everything together [other than your bite sized Tortilla pieces and anything in the GARNISHMENTS / TOPPINGS section] in the same larger shreadded chicken pot and simmer for 1 hour at a minimum. Longer if at all possible..
- In the last 5 – 10 minutes of boiling [meaning your carrots are fully cooked] add your chopped, spoon sized Flour Tortillas to your pot. These will serve you well as both a soup thickener and a tummy filler..
- To serve, ladle soup in bowl and have your guests garnish their bowls with as many GARNISHMENTS / TOPPERS as they desire. These toppings are also essential to the meal since most will actually curb much of the Scoville heat, add fantastic contrasts and flavor and round your meal all together..
- Authors Note: You can purchase multi colored, pre-fried Tortilla strips in most chain stores. However, if you cannot, simply purchase multi colored flour Tortillas, cut into thin strips and deep fry in a high heat oil until crispy. Then drain on a paper towel or equivalent. Or, you have the option of serving whole, larger, pre-packaged chips..
- Serve this soup with this EASY Cheddar Green Chile Corn Bread. Use a basic box of Jiffy Brand Corn Bread and mix according to manufacturer's directions. Add to that 1/2 cup fine chopped Hatch Green Chilies or Jalapeños, 1 teaspoon Cumin and 1/2 cup Cheddar Cheese. Sprinkle top with Cheddar as well. Bake as directed..