Chicken Tortilla Soup. This chicken tortilla soup is quick to make, flavorful, and filling, plus it freezes well. Garnish with avocado, Monterey Jack cheese, or green onion! This chicken tortilla soup recipe is infused with a bunch of Mexican-inspired flavors and a few extra common pantry ingredients.
Chicken breasts, corn, beans, and other delicious ingredients are simmered in a tomato base. Top this delicious soup with crispy homemade. Today I'm sharing The Best Chicken Tortilla Soup Recipe I've ever made. You can have Chicken Tortilla Soup using 17 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chicken Tortilla Soup
- It’s 2 of Split, bone-in, skin on chicken breast.
- It’s 1 of 49.5 oz can of chicken broth.
- It’s 1 medium of white onion, diced.
- Prepare 1 of poblano pepper, diced.
- It’s 2 clove of Garlic, minced.
- It’s 6 of scallions (green tops and white bottoms separated).
- Prepare 1 of 28 oz can diced tomatoes (undrained).
- Prepare 1 of 14.5 oz can of refried beans.
- Prepare 1 of 14.5 oz can of low-sodium black beans (undrained).
- Prepare 1 cup of Vodka.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Mexican oregano.
- It’s 2 tsp of Cumin seeds.
- You need 1 tsp of Dried cilantro.
- You need 3 of Bay leaves.
- It’s 1 bunch of fresh cilantro.
- Prepare 1 of Kosher Salt.
- Prepare 1 of Fresh-ground pepper.
Drop your dinner plans and make it tonight! Chicken tortilla soup, with its spicy tomato broth, crunchy tortilla chips, and gooey cheese, has long been one of my favorite dishes to order at Mexican restaurants. I never even thought to make it at. Chicken Tortilla Soup is one of my favorites because there's so much going on.particularly at the end when you add the gorgeous toppings.
Chicken Tortilla Soup instructions
- Heat a Dutch oven or another large, heavy pot on the stove on medium-high heat. Season chicken breasts liberally with Kosher salt. Place chicken breasts skin side down in Dutch oven. Brown and render as much fat out of the skin as possible. When skin is golden brown, remove chicken to a second pot..
- Reduce heat on Dutch oven to medium. Add cumin seeds to Dutch oven chicken fat and toast for one minute. Sauté diced white onion and diced white part of onion from the scallions in the chicken fat for 3-5 minutes. Add diced poblano and minced garlic and Sauté for another 3-5 minutes. Add Mexican oregano and dried cilantro..
- In the second pot, pour the broth over the chicken breasts. Cover with a lid and bring to a simmer. Cook chicken all the way through. Remove chicken from broth and allow to cool until it is able to be pulled from the bones and shredded. Discard bones. Reserve chicken and broth..
- Add canned tomatoes (undrained) to vegetable mixture. Immediately stir in vodka. Bring to a simmer. Stir in refried beans and black beans (undrained). Add bay leaves..
- Add reserved chicken broth to vegetable mixture. Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer. Add the corn. Simmer for 20-30 minutes. At this point, soup is ready to serve BUT it can simmer for a few more hours for a thicker broth. Five minutes before service, stir in diced fresh cilantro (as little or as much as you prefer). Garnish with sour cream, green onion tops from scallions, tortilla chips, guacamole or any other traditional Tex-Mex garnish. Enjoy!.
It's made with crispy fried strips of corn tortillas in a tomato-based Mexican soup with chicken stock, chiles, avocado, Jack cheese, cilantro and lime. Chicken tortilla soup is one of my favorite kinds of soup. Lately I've been getting chicken tortilla soup almost weekly at a local restaurant. This Chicken Tortilla Soup is the soup of my dreams. It's almost dump and run for the ideal easy weeknight dinner or fabulous for crowds.