Southwest chicken and rice soup. Give a can of chicken rice soup an upgrade with this Southwest Chicken and Rice Soup. How to Make SOUTHWEST CHICKEN AND WILD RICE SOUP. This soup is easy to make, full of flavor, and comfort in a bowl.
Make that Instant Pot work for you and prepare two dishes in one! Southwest Chicken & Rice for one meal and Chicken Tortilla Soup for. Ladle into soup bowls; top with green onions or cilantro. You can cook Southwest chicken and rice soup using 16 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Southwest chicken and rice soup
- It’s 3 clove of garlic, crushed.
- You need 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1/2 of green pepper, chopped.
- You need 1 of onion, chopped.
- Prepare 32 oz of chicken broth.
- You need 1 of carrot, chopped.
- You need 8 oz of tomato sauce.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of rice.
- You need 2 cup of water.
- You need 1/2 tsp of cumin.
- You need 2 of chicken breasts.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of chili powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of celery seed.
- You need 1/2 tsp of pepper.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 of Mexican blend shredded cheese.
This Southwest Chicken and Rice recipe is perfect for when you want a hearty recipe that's on the table fairly quickly! Like a cheese covered chicken fajita bake. Then I started thinking about how SO many great Southwestern meals come with rice; so why not include it IN the dish? You can throw this Simple Southwest Chicken & Rice Soup together in no time!
Southwest chicken and rice soup instructions
- In stock pot, heat oil over medium high. Add onion, green pepper, carrot, and garlic. Saute until tender, about 10 minutes..
- Add remaining except cheese and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, until chicken is cooked, about 20 minutes..
- Remove chicken from pot. Shred, and return to pot..
- Serve with a sprinkle of cheese..
Most of you know that I am a huge However, with the warmer weather, I tend to lean towards lighter types of soup like Chicken and Rice. As much as I love the traditional version. Spicy and light chicken and rice soup. Best served with warm cornbread and a cold beer! Using leftover chicken breasts and leftover packaged wild rice dinner, plus a few additions makes a great soup!