Black bean tacos with sauteed cabbage. Canned black beans are an instant source of protein — they just need a few basic pantry spices to liven them up. A bag of cabbage slaw, a jar of store-bought salsa, and a sliced avocado turn these tacos into a satisfying meatless meal that was meant for hectic weeknights. Delicious cabbage and black bean tacos make an easy and satisfying vegan dinner.
These simple tacos are easy and inexpensive! Start with a base of black beans, top with cabbage and finish it off with a delicious sauce (options provided). Assemble the tacos using the cheesy tortillas, cooked beans, roasted squash, and marinated radishes (including any liquid). You can have Black bean tacos with sauteed cabbage using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Black bean tacos with sauteed cabbage
- Prepare 3 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 4 of six inch tortillas.
- Prepare 2 cup of cooked or canned black beans, rinsed and drained.
- You need 1 tbsp of minced garlic.
- You need 1 tbsp of chili powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ground cumin.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt, plus more to taste.
- Prepare 1 of black pepper, to taste.
- Prepare 4 cup of shredded green cabbage.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of chopped scallions.
- Prepare 4 of lime wedges.
Serve the tacos with the finished cabbage. Canned black beans and lots of cabbage combine in a quick, utterly satisfying one-dish taco dinner They can be served open-faced or folded over. Heat the tortillas, two or three at a time, in a dry skillet over medium-high heat, or in a microwave. Top with the black beans, salsa, cheese and cabbage.
Black bean tacos with sauteed cabbage instructions
- Heat the oven to 400°F. Coat a rimmed baking sheet with one tablespoon of the oil..
- Combine the beans, garlic, chili powder, cumin, half the salt, and some pepper in a bowl. Mash the mixture with a fork or potato masher; it should still be chunky..
- Spread the bean mixture out on the prepared pan, drizzle with another tablespoon of oil, and roast, stirring a few times, until the beans are crumbly and crisp in places, 15 to 20 minutes..
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon oil in a skillet over medium-high heat and add cabbage and green onions. Saute for 5 minutes, stirring often, then reduce heat to low and cook another 5 minutes stirring occasionally. Season with salt and pepper. Keep on low heat until bean mixture is finished..
- Serve with warm tortillas, desired toppings and a lime wedge..
Black beans, by the way, make almost any dish better … and slaw is so much crunchier than lettuce And a black bean one at that. I have been making tacos for years, but I've never kept them in the I did chop up and sautéed some sweet onions to add to the filling as well as some cayenne to up some. Place beans and cumin in small bowl; partially mash. So with all these tacos happening on a regular basis, you'd think I would have managed to accrue more taco recipes here on Floating Kitchen. And I'm even going to be so bold as to predict that these Plantain and Black Bean Tacos with Chimichurri Sauce will become a regular part of your Taco.