Turkey-Quinoa Burgers with an Avocado-Yogurt Sauce.
You can have Turkey-Quinoa Burgers with an Avocado-Yogurt Sauce using 19 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Turkey-Quinoa Burgers with an Avocado-Yogurt Sauce
- Prepare 2 of Tbs. extra-virgin olive oil.
- You need 4 of onion buns.
- Prepare of garlic salt.
- You need 1/4 cup of crumbled cotija cheese.
- You need of Burgers.
- It’s 1 lb of ground turkey (or chicken).
- Prepare 3/4 cup of uncooked quinoa.
- Prepare 1/2 of red bell pepper, finely diced.
- It’s 1 cup of cilantro leaves, divided in half.
- It’s 1 tsp of chili powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of cumin.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ground coriander.
- You need 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1 of coarse salt and freshly ground pepper.
- You need of Sauce.
- Prepare 1 large of avocado.
- It’s 2 tbsp of plain Greek yogurt.
- You need 1 tbsp of juice from a lime.
- Prepare pinch of salt.
Turkey-Quinoa Burgers with an Avocado-Yogurt Sauce step by step
- In a food processor, combine the avocado, yogurt, 1/2 of the cilantro, lime juice and a pinch of salt until smooth like butter. Place in the fridge until time to serve. (I didn't have fresh cilantro so I subbed 1 tbsp dried cilantro.).
- Cook the quinoa in about 1 1/2 – 2 cups boiling water for about 12-15 minutes or until it pops into little spirals and water is absorbed..
- In a large bowl, combine the turkey, cooked quinoa, bell pepper, half the cilantro, chili powder, cumin, ground coriander (I didn't have any so I left it out), garlic powder, and a good pinch of salt and pepper. Thoroughly mix with your hands, and then form into four little patties. You can chill these in the fridge if you want, for as long as you want, or go ahead and cook ‘em!.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high. Add the patties and sear until browned on both sides and cooked all the way through, 10 – 12 minutes total. Set aside..
- Lightly toast the onion buns brushed with olive oil and garlic salt..
- Smear a little of the avocado sauce on the bottom half of the onion bun. Top with a patty. Then a ton more avocado sauce. Then some crumbled cotija cheese. Then ask someone how to pronounce cotija…and then tell me. Lol! (I subbed queso fresco cuz I couldn't find it.).
- Excellent served with sweet potato fries and enjoy!.