Viet-Inspired Tandoori Chicken.
You can cook Viet-Inspired Tandoori Chicken using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Viet-Inspired Tandoori Chicken
- You need of For the chicken:.
- You need 3.5-4 pounds of bone-in, skin-on chicken pieces (thighs, drums, wings, and halved breast pieces).
- Prepare of For the marinade:.
- It’s 1 Tablespoon of curry powder.
- It’s 3 cloves of garlic, chopped.
- You need 1 Tablespoon of minced ginger.
- It’s 1/2 cup of yogurt.
- It’s 1 Tablespoon of brown sugar.
- It’s 2 of + 1/4 Tablespoons fish sauce.
- You need 1 Tablespoon of tomato paste.
- It’s 1/4 cup of chopped cilantro for the marinade + a little more for garnish (you can use the stems).
- It’s of zest of half a lime.
- Prepare 1 of jalapeño, chopped.
- It’s 1 Tablespoon of lime juice.
Viet-Inspired Tandoori Chicken step by step
- Place all marinade ingredients in a large mixing bowl and stir or whisk to combine thoroughly..
- Place the chicken in the marinade and mix gently but thoroughly to evenly season each piece. Cover the bowl & place it in the fridge to marinate for 6 to 24 hours, redistributing the chicken 2x during the marinating period to ensure even seasoning. Or you can put it all in a gallon capacity Ziploc bag, lay all the meat in a single layer, suction all the air out of it, and lay it on its side in the fridge. You can flip halfway through to ensure even seasoning..
- An hour before cooking, take the chicken out of the fridge and lay it in a single layer on either a sturdy sheet pan (not a cookie sheet) with a grill rack over it (my preferred method), or on a broiler pan with slats, skin side up, and let it come up to room temp. I mention this often, but bringing your protein up to room temp results in a better outer sear, which results in more internal juiciness..
- 20 minutes before cooking, preheat your oven to 450F. Once the oven's preheated, put the chicken on the center rack of the oven and roast for 45 to 55 minutes, depending on the size of your chicken pieces..
- That's it! Enjoy. :).