Spicy lamb meatballs with a tangy yoghurt sauce. An easy recipe for baked lamb meatballs. Served with a tasty yogurt sauce, they are wonderfully flavorful! This easy recipe relies on the inherently bold flavor of lamb.
These spice-loaded meatballs have a Turkish inflection The warm yogurt sauce adds tang and richness, along with a sprinkling of tart sumac powder and chopped mint American "Greek-style" yogurt is not always tart enough, but it can be thinned with a bit of buttermilk or even lemon juice. This lamb meatballs recipe, with garlic, cilantro, wine, paprika, cumin, and coriander, tastes like merguez. It means to be robustly and generously seasoned with an earthy heat that slowly creeps from the tip of your tongue to your toes. You can cook Spicy lamb meatballs with a tangy yoghurt sauce using 18 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Spicy lamb meatballs with a tangy yoghurt sauce
- Prepare 500 gr of lamb (minced).
- Prepare 1 of onion.
- You need 1 clove of garlic.
- Prepare 1 bunch of coriander.
- It’s 1 bunch of fresh mint.
- You need 1 tsp of ground cumin.
- You need 1/4 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- You need 1/2 tsp of cayenne.
- Prepare 1 of lime.
- It’s of salt and pepper.
- It’s of For the sauce.
- You need 2 tbsp of creme fraiche.
- It’s 1 of pot natural yoghurt.
- You need of zest of the lime used in meatball mixture.
- It’s 1 tsp. of cumin.
- It’s 1 of small bunch fresh coriander.
- You need 1 of small bunch mint leaves.
- Prepare of salt and pepper.
It's not an overly spicy heat. For these easy lamb meatballs, use gluten-free oats in place of breadcrumbs. For these Middle Eastern inspired meatballs, try substituting regular bread-crumbs with gluten-free oats. The result is great, firm meatballs with the added health benefits of extra fiber. *Ingredients* Cumin powder, egg yolks, lamb, lemon zest, meat, mint, olive oil, pepper, peppercorn, red onion, salt, turmeric, vegetable oil, yogurt *Recipe.
Spicy lamb meatballs with a tangy yoghurt sauce step by step
- Get the ingredients together. Put the lamb in a large bowl..
- Chop the onion, garlic and herbs finely. Add to the bowl and mix well (hands-on).
- Add the juice of one lime, salt and pepper. Cover with cling film and leave in the fridge until you are ready to start cooking.
- Heat the oven to 225°. Make the meatball shapes and put them on greaseproof paper on the oven tray. Put in the oven…
- After 15 mins turn the meatballs round and leave for another 10 minutes.
- Make the sauce – chop the leaves, stir in to the creme fraiche, add the cumin, lime zest, salt and pepper.
- Serve, dip and enjoy 😊😊.
Freshen up the taste with yogurt and mint sauce. Meatballs make a delicious family meal, so grow the quantities if you're cooking for your beloved ones! Mix the yogurt with the remaining mint leaves rubbed, salt, pepper, lemon zest, and a few drops of olive oil in a small bowl, to make a sauce. The thing about Lamb Meatballs with Yogurt Sauce is that the meat is a versatile player – it can be the centerpiece, the side or even an hors d'oeuvres, served with a lovely cocktail. You can tuck these guys into a pita with some of the yogurt, pile them on some orzo next to a salad, or pop them straight.