Mint Sauce. Mint sauce, in British and Irish cuisine, is a green sauce made from finely chopped peppermint (Mentha × piperita) leaves soaked in vinegar, and a small amount of sugar. The sauce has the consistency of double cream. To begin, pick the mint leaves and reserve the stalks.
Now, this is most Here, I show you a very simple and quick way to make Mint Sauce, it will take you moments to make. A thin savoury sauce made from chopped mint, vinegar and sugar, traditionally served in England as an accompaniment to roast lamb. Mint sauce is simple to make and is usually added to the dish of roast lamb. You can have Mint Sauce using 10 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Mint Sauce
- You need 4 tbsp of Natural Greek Yoghurt.
- Prepare Handful of fresh coriander.
- You need Handful of fresh mint leaves.
- You need 1 tsp of roasted cumin powder.
- It’s 1 of green chilli.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
- It’s Half of a lime.
- Prepare 1 tsp of honey.
- You need 1/4 tsp of black pepper.
It can also be used for other meat dishes such as burgers, meat analogs for vegetarians and vegetables. Mint sauce is not usually served with other types of meat such as pork or beef and is generally only served with lamb. Mint sauce is very inexpensive and extremely simple and quick to prepare at home. In a small bowl, stir together mint leaves and cider vinegar.
Mint Sauce step by step
- First chop the coriander, mint leaves, green chilli and garlic cloves. Now either grind them in a grinder or paste in a mortar and pestle. Beat the yoghurt in a separate bowl. Now add all the spices.
- Give them a good stir. Then add the paste. Mix them well. Add honey and squeeze fresh lime juice. Mix everything well. Now take a sieve and pour the sauce on it. Take a spoon and press firmly to get the smooth mint sauce..
- Serve with any kebabs or spicy snacks.😋.
MINT SAUCE is a classic condiment in British and Irish cuisine when cooking lamb. Here's how to make mint In British and Irish cuisine mint sauce is often used as a condiment for roast lamb and has a. Here's a sauce that takes advantage of all that mint, a South American chimichurri, with mint taking the place of some of the parsley that is traditional for classic chimichurri. Mint sauce also makes an excellent condiment to use with lamb chops, pork chops, and to flavor new potatoes and peas. A new use for mint sauce in my family arose from the blandness associated with.