Tortilla Bowl salad.
You can have Tortilla Bowl salad using 17 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Tortilla Bowl salad
- It’s 4 tsp of vegetable oil.
- Prepare 4 of large flour tortillas.
- You need of lettuce as required.
- You need of tomatoes as required.
- You need 1/2 of red onion.
- It’s of Cucumber as required.
- Prepare 1 cup of corn, canned, rinsed and drained (175 g).
- Prepare 1 cup of black beans, canned, rinsed and drained (170 g) or chickpeas.
- It’s 1/4 cup of olive oil (60 mL).
- It’s 1/4 cup of lime juice (60 mL).
- Prepare 1 clove of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 1/8 tsp of cumin.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of red pepper flakes.
- Prepare 3 Tbsp of fresh cilantro, chopped.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt or to taste.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of pepper.
- It’s of Beaten thick plain yogurt or your favourite sauces.
Tortilla Bowl salad instructions
- Preheat the oven to 180°C /350°F. Pour the vegetable oil (1 teaspoon per bowl) into medium (1.2 quart) oven-proof bowls and rub around to coat the surface. Press each tortilla into a greased bowl. Bake for about 10 minutes, until golden brown. Let the tortilla bowls cool..
- Take a lettuce, Rinse, drain and chop into small pieces and place in a large salad bowl. Dice the tomatoes and add them to the bowl with the lettuce. Dice the onion and add it to the salad..
- Cut the cucumber in dice. Add to the salad. Add the corn and black beans or chickpeas. In a small bowl or liquid measuring cup, combine the olive oil, lime juice, garlic, cumin, red pepper flakes, cilantro, salt, and pepper. Mix well. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss well..
- Fill each tortilla bowl with the salad. If you are chilli 🌶 lovers so you can add some your favourite chilli sauces or plain yogurt over Tortilla bowl salad. Enjoy ! ❤️.
- You can fill with your favourite salads as well..