Persian Chelow-kebab. Chelo kabab literally means "white rice with kebab". This ground beef version of Persian kebab with The main recipe that I am sharing today to accompany our rice is called chelo kabab (chelow kabob. Thank you for joining us at Maa Kitchen Korner!
I started researching dishes and recipes, and decided to make the classic Persian dish, chelow kabab koobideh – rice with mince meat kebab. Chelow kabab (Persian: چلوکباب čelow-kabāb [tʃelowkæˈbɒːb]), also spelled as Cholo Kabab, is Chelow kabab is served with accompaniments such as butter, sumac powder, basil, onions, grilled. Kabab Koubideh is the queen of all kebabs in Iran and one of the most delicious Persian foods. You can have Persian Chelow-kebab using 15 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Persian Chelow-kebab
- It’s of Ingredients for kebab.
- You need 600 g of ground lamb.
- You need 400 g of beef.
- It’s 250-300 g of onion, grated and remove excess juice.
- Prepare 1/2 of lime/lemon juice.
- You need to taste of Salt and pepper.
- It’s of Ingredients for accompaniment.
- You need 1 bunch of cherry tomatoes.
- It’s 4-5 of potatoes.
- It’s 3-4 of red-yellow bell peppers.
- Prepare of Ingredients for mint sauce (optional).
- Prepare Handful of fresh leaves of mint and coriander.
- You need 3 tbsp of Greek yogurt.
- You need 1 of small bell pepper.
- You need to taste of Salt.
How to make homemade Chelow Kabab (Persian beef/lamb/mutton barbeque with rice). It is true that Chelow Kabab is found in all the restaurants, but sometimes we like to make this popular food at. Iranian Chelow Kabab: Classic Middle Eastern recipe with easy to follow instructions and resources to obtain authentic and traditional ingredients. Chelow kabab is the national dish of Iran.
Persian Chelow-kebab instructions
- Grind finely the meat 2-3 times or ask butcher do it for you. Grate the onion and remove the juice. In a big bowl, add grated onion, salt, pepper, lime juice and meat. Mix well and knead the meat mixture for 3-4 minutes and until well combined… Kneading the meat mixture for few minutes will make the meat like a paste that will stick together and not fall apart when your thread it on skewers..
- Then refrigerate the meat overnight. For threading the kebab you can use either metal skewers or wooden ones. If you are using wooden skewers, you need to soak them in water overnight as well to prevent of burning in the oven.Next day, divide the meat into seven or eight pieces and thread on the wooden skewers by pressing the meat and shaping it evenly. Preheat the oven to 180C for grilling the kebabs..
- You can do grill the tomatoes too but I just fried them in a pan. Place a flat bread or (tortilla bread) on the baking tray and place the kebabs skewers on it. Grill the kebab for 20-25 minutes.The juice from the kebab will soak into the flat bread as the kebab cooks.Thread the potatoes and peppers on the skewers as well. Grill the potatoes and bell peppers in oven 200C for 20-30 minutes..
- For refreshing mint sauce you need to blend all ingredients in a blender and make a puree..
- Once kebab and accompaniments are grilled, remove from the oven. Traditionally kebab kubideh is served with steamed saffron rice (chelow/polow), cubes of butter on top of the rice, fresh herbs such as basil, chives, mint, onions. Sprinkle sumac powder on kebab. If you serve the kebab with rice, you can sprinkle sumac powder on the rice as well..
The meal is simple, consisting of steamed, saffroned basmati or Persian rice (chelow) and kabab, of which there are several distinct Persian varieties. Mehran Khosrowdad co-owns Sabzi Persian Chelow Kabab in Arlington. photos by jonathan wiggs/globe staff/Globe Staff. Kabab-e Jujeh Barg at Sabzi Restaurant. Chelo kabab or Cheloe kabab (Persian: چلوکباب) is the national dish of Iran. The traditional beverage of choice to accompany chelow kabab is doogh, a Persian sour yogurt drink, flavored with.