Sig's Friend, Butter Chicken and/or Vegetarian Recipe from Delhi.
You can cook Sig's Friend, Butter Chicken and/or Vegetarian Recipe from Delhi using 18 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Sig's Friend, Butter Chicken and/or Vegetarian Recipe from Delhi
- It’s of marinade.
- You need 900 grams of boneless chicken or Tofu/ Quorn.
- You need 6 of cloves smoked garlic.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of each, garam masala, cumin powder, salt or salt substitute.
- It’s 1/2 of inch fresh ginger.
- Prepare 2/3 tsp of chili powder or hot paprika powder.
- It’s 1/2 of inch fresh ginger root.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of coriander powder.
- It’s 2 tsp of lime juice.
- It’s 14 of fl oz full fat yoghurt.
- It’s 1 pinch of tandoori colouring or a few drops red food colouring.
- It’s of sauce.
- It’s 675 grams of tomatoes or use about 500 gr canned whole tomatoes.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of dried fenugreek leaves or use a sprinkling dried fenugreek.
- It’s 90 grams of cold butter.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of smoked paprika.
- You need 1/4 tsp of garam masala.
- Prepare 45 ml of single cream.
Sig's Friend, Butter Chicken and/or Vegetarian Recipe from Delhi instructions
- Put your yogurt in a cheese cloth and let it to hang until all the liquid is gone Puree the garlic and ginger, add all marinating spices. Empty the yogurt into a bowl add the spice mixture and stir until all is well combined..
- Marinade the chicken pieces for at least 3 hours or overnight in the yoghurt mixture.
- In the meantime or the next day, either scald the fresh tomatoes and peel mash up..
- When you are ready to cook the chicken add it with its marinating sauce into a pot , cooking the chicken on alow heat , stirring it occasionally..
- If you are using tofu or Quorn as above picture, a marinating time of one to 3 hours is sufficient. Make sure the tofu and quorn are cut into quite large but still bite sized pieces..
- In a separate pan add the tomato for a short while until some of the liquid has evaporated. Then add the cold butter and the paprika and stir for about one minute ..
- If you feel you like this to be a little more sour you can add a few drops balsamic vinegar but this is optional..
- Grind up the fenugreek leaves into a powder and add or add a sprinkle of dried fenugreek and the garam mascara. Add a pinch of salt or salt substitute to taste. After 30-45 seconds add the cream. Mix well with the chicken or tofu pieces and serve straight away.