Puto Maya/Sticky Rice.
You can cook Puto Maya/Sticky Rice using 5 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Puto Maya/Sticky Rice
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of glutinous rice or malagkit rice.
- It’s 400 ml of coconut milk or gata.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of sugar.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 tbsp of chopped ginger.
Puto Maya/Sticky Rice instructions
- Wash glutinous rice to remove impurities and until water is clear. Soak it in water overnight..
- In a bowl, mix coconut milk, sugar, salt and ginger. Then pour in the liquid mixture and the glutinous rice in a wok..
- Cook in medium heat. Make sure to stir from time to time to prevent rice from sticking at the bottom of the pan..
- Once the milk turns to transparent or oily, thats your cue that its ready to be transferred in the steamer..
- Place banana leaves at the bottom and place your partially cooked malagkit rice. Steam for 20-30mins..
- Pasck it in banana leaves and serve with hot sikwate, muscovado sugar or ripe mango..