Lemper Ayam Bakar (Grilled Glutinous Rice with Seasoned Chicken Floss).
You can have Lemper Ayam Bakar (Grilled Glutinous Rice with Seasoned Chicken Floss) using 20 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Lemper Ayam Bakar (Grilled Glutinous Rice with Seasoned Chicken Floss)
- You need of For the glutinous rice:.
- Prepare of banana leaves for wrapping.
- Prepare 250 gr of glutinous rice, washed, soaked in water for 3 hours, drained.
- It’s 250 ml of coconut milk 2 Indonesian bay leaves.
- You need 1 of pandan leaf.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of sugar.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need of Chicken Floss Filling:.
- It’s 250 gr of boneless chicken breast, boiled until cooked, finely shredded.
- It’s 2 of kaffir lime leaves.
- Prepare 2 of Indonesian bay leaves.
- Prepare 100 ml of coconut milk.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt or to taste.
- It’s 1 tsp of sugar or to taste.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of vegetable oil.
- You need of Ground spices:.
- It’s 5 cloves of shallots.
- You need 4 cloves of garlic.
- It’s 2 of nut megs.
- You need 1/2 tsp of white pepper powder.
Lemper Ayam Bakar (Grilled Glutinous Rice with Seasoned Chicken Floss) step by step
- For the glutinous rice: Heat the steamer over high heat until hot and boiling..
- Steam glutinous rice for 15 minutes. In another pot, bring the coconut milk to boil. Remove from the heat. Remove the glutinous rice from the steamer..
- Add the glutinous rice into the hot coconut oil. Mix well. Continue to stir until the coconut milk is absorbed by the rice..
- Steam for another 30 minutes until the rice is soft and cooked through. Remove from the heat. Set aside..
- How to cook the chicken floss: Heat vegetable oil over medium high heat. Sauté ground spices, kaffir lime leaves, and bay leaves until fragrant. Add shreded chicken. Add salt dan sugar. Test the taste..
- Continue to sauté until the coconut milk is absorbed. Keep storing until the chicken is dry. Remove from the heat. Set aside..
- How to assemble the lemper: Divide the glutinous rice into 2 parts. Note: Wear plastic gloves before you do this part!.
- Press half of the cooked warm glutinous rice into a 20×20 cm baking pan using the tip of a spoon (or you can use your fingers. Please make sure you wear plastic gloves so the rice won’t stick to your fingers). Really pack it down hard!.
- Spread the filling evenly leaving no gap all over the rice..
- Spread the other half of the rice on top of the filling. Pack it down hard again!.
- Let the ‘lemper’ cool down completely before cutting. Use a plastic knife or a knife coated with plastic to cut the lemper..
- Wrap each piece with banana leaves..
- Grilled them on top of lined frying pan until fragrant and the banana leaves turn to brown. Yum! 😋.