Vietnamese Sticky Rice with Mung Beans. There are actually several Vietnamese sticky rice dishes with mung bean, but I think Xoi Xeo is the one that showcases the best of The sticky rice is soft-chewy and slightly sweet naturally. Rinse the sticky rice, mix turmeric powder in a basin of water then soak the rice in the water overnight. After steaming then mash it, so they are in various stages of mashiness.
Notes on the Sticky Rice and Mung Bean Cakes Recipe (Banh Tet), Tips and Tricks. The glutinous rice called for in this recipe is generous and you may have some leftover. I adjusted the rice to consider. You can have Vietnamese Sticky Rice with Mung Beans using 6 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Vietnamese Sticky Rice with Mung Beans
- It’s 1000 g of Hoa Vang glutinous rice (sticky rice).
- It’s 200 g of split mung beans.
- It’s 200 g of shallots.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder (kurkuma).
- It’s of Salt.
- It’s 100 g of cooking oil.
Ginataang munggo is a Filipino sticky rice porridge that is flavored with toasted mung beans and coconut milk. This dish is definitely a nostalgic one for me because it was one of my favorite snacks to eat when I was growing up. Back then, my sister-in-law would frequently make this delicious snack. Layers of pandan-flavored rice dough and mashed mung beans are steamed to make this delicious Vietnamese sweet dish.
Vietnamese Sticky Rice with Mung Beans step by step
- Rinse the sticky rice, mix turmeric powder in a basin of water then soak the rice in the water overnight..
- Rinse the mung beans, soak until softened and enlarged. Then steam, finely grind and shape into round balls. Note: when shaping the mung bean balls, add some salt to enhance the flavor..
- After soaking the rice, drain and toss with some salt, put in a steamer and steam until cooked..
- Peel the shallots, rinse, slice into really thin slices. Then fry in a wok with cooking oil until yellow..
- When the rice is fully cooked, fluff into a serving platter, slice ground mung beans and scatter on top with fried shallots. Perfect when served with cucumber salad, boiled chicken or Vietnamese ham..
Traditional cakes, many flavored with pandan, are made with rice flour. And because ovens, as they are known in the West, are not native to Asia, rice cakes are often steamed. Here is another Vietnamese sticky rice. This it's very good since it have the aroma of the mung bean and chewy too. The rice should also be separated and not stick together.