Kanya's Banana with Sticky Rice / Khao Tom Pad.
You can have Kanya's Banana with Sticky Rice / Khao Tom Pad using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Kanya's Banana with Sticky Rice / Khao Tom Pad
- It’s 1 1/2 kg of sticky rice, 4 hours soaked in water.
- Prepare 3 kg of coconut milk.
- It’s 1/2 cup of sugar.
- It’s 2 1/2 tbsp of palm sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 cup of peanuts,fresh steamed or 5 hours soaked in water for dried one.
- Prepare 15 of asian banana,quartered.
- It’s 1 of 60 pieces of banana leave ,trimmed,cleaned,or 100 pieces.
Kanya's Banana with Sticky Rice / Khao Tom Pad step by step
- Drain rice,and peanuts..set half of coconut milk in large pot ,on low heat,wait till it bubbles,stir until see some oil then add rice and peanuts,keep stir,dont let it burn.
- Slowly add coconut little by the time to prevent from burning,add sugars and salt ,add coconut milk ,keep stiring until rice is about 70 % cooked and absorb all coconut milk ,texture must be moist ,then heat off and let it cool.
- Start to wrap up the rice ,add banana,wrap it tight ,arranged in steammer ,do the rest until finished,the size can be large or small depends on banana leaves size.
- Steam on medium heat about an hour or longer ,this can be bake too,they will smell great ,but rice may be a little hard ,check how it cooked by take a piece and taste it ,rice will compleatly cooked,soft ,banana leaves became darker ..serve warm.