sweet rice. Japanese glutinous rice or sweet rice (known as mochigome もち米 or mochi rice), is another type of short grain cultivar of Japonica rice. The grains of glutinous rice is opaque, shorter and rounder, and. A lovely custard-like Mexican rice pudding, this arroz con leche has the delicate flavors of cream "Often called Arroz con Leche, this is a sweet custard-like pudding.
Most relevant Best selling Latest uploads. Despite its name, this rice is not sweet at all. It's much stickier than usual short grain rice, which is why it's also called "glutinous rice" – because it's like glue, not because it contains gluten. You can cook sweet rice using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of sweet rice
- Prepare 1 cup of basmati rice.
- You need 2 cup of water.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of ghee.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of raisins.
- You need 1 tbsp of blanched almonds.
- It’s 2 small of cardamoms.
- It’s 1 pinch of of saffron.
- It’s 1 pinch of of edible yellow food colour.
I bought this because I wanted to make the Thai dessert "sweet sticky rice with mangoes" that I always get at Thai restaurants. Rice flour and sweet rice flour are quite unique in their traits and you'll need either for various kitchen tasks. Here's what you need to know about the difference between rice flour and sweet rice flour. Sweet rice in Indian Cuisine, on the island or abroad, has its function.
sweet rice step by step
- clean and wash rice.soak for 15-20 mins..
- in a microwave safe bowl,add soaked rice,2 cups of water,sugar,ghee,cardamom and edible yellow colour.microwave covered at 100% power for 10-11 min.stir in between..
- Add saffron,almonds and raisins.microwave covered at 60% power for 9-10 min.stir in between..
- Allow to stand for another 5 mints and Garnish with fresh fruits and dry fruits of your choice.serve hot..
Although it can be eaten as a dessert by itself it functions as a "pepper neutralizer". After eating lots of spicy, peppery dishes the. Sweet Rice recipe with detailed step by step images. Sweet Rice, a popular meetha chawal in which the rice and sugar are cooked together. With the addition of saffron, cinnamon, cloves and bayleaves.