You can cook Tang Yuan using 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Tang Yuan
- Prepare 2 cups of sticky rice flour.
- It’s 7 ounces of water.
- It’s of Food coloring (preferably red and yellow, I used red and green).
- You need of Ginger syrup.
- You need 1/3 cup of sugar.
- It’s 1 1/2 cups of water.
- It’s 2-3 of pandan leaves (or screwpine leaves).
- Prepare 1 (2 inch) of peeled and slightly pounded ginger piece.
Tang Yuan step by step
- To make the syrup, grab a pot and boil water in it. Add the pandan leaves and ginger. Bring to boil on medium heat until it creates the scent of pandan and ginger. Add sugar and let simmer for another 15 minutes and set aside.
- In a big bowl, mix your flour and water together. Knead mixture until it forms a dough or until it doesn’t stick to your hands anymore.
- Divide dough into 3 portions with the uncolored portion being the biggest. Add 2 drops of each food coloring onto the other 2 portions to make red and yellow dough.
- Pinch dough into small balls and roll them with your hands until they become round.
- Set your dough balls aside on a flat surface covered with paper or cloth.
- Boil another pot of water and place your dough balls into it. Transfer dough into syrup once they start floating.