Korean Tteokbokki (Hot and Spicy Rice Cake). Dried anchovies, dried kelp, eggs, fish cakes, green onion, hot pepper flakes, hot pepper paste, rice cake, sugar, water. Tteokbokki is one of the most popular Korean street foods in Korea. Among other things, today's recipe is made with Korean rice cakes, Korean fish cakes, Korean soup stock / dashi stock and gochujang (Korean.
Korean tteokbokki (sometimes romanised as dukbokki) is a spicy dish of chewy rice cakes in a thick chilli sauce made with a base of seaweed and/or fish stock known We knew the minute we found the tteokbokki hot spot. A spicy aroma filled the air as vendor after vendor worked at massive hot plates. Tteokbokki – Spicy Rice Cake Recipe. You can cook Korean Tteokbokki (Hot and Spicy Rice Cake) using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Korean Tteokbokki (Hot and Spicy Rice Cake)
- You need 120 gr of rice flour.
- It’s 1 tbsp of tapioca flour.
- It’s 1 tbsp of corn stratch flour solution.
- It’s 50 ml of boiled water (approxinately).
- It’s 2 of cayenne pepper (chopped).
- You need 1 tsp of garlic (chopped).
- It’s 1 of spring onion (chopped).
- It’s 4 tbsp of tomato sauce.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 tsp of buillon powder.
- Prepare of Sesame (i don't use it).
- Prepare of Water.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of frying oil.
Ingredients are adjustable and listed below in my Recipe Card -. The quality of the tteok/dduk varies quite a bit. In this version, we sear the chewy rice cakes until the outsides are crisp before tossing them in the spicy-sweet gochujang sauce. It's impossible to resist the flavor-texture combo of this supremely satisfying Korean snack food—a riffable dish found as often in street food stalls as in home kitchens.
Korean Tteokbokki (Hot and Spicy Rice Cake) instructions
- Mix rice flour and tapioca flour then add boiled water little by little 😁 then make a dough and make a long cylinder shape then cut the shape into small cylinder about 2 cm long, each).
- Boil the water then add salt and small cylinder dough (step 1)..
- Add vegetable oil in a pan then fry it until fragnant. Then add cayenne pepper, salt, buillon powder, a glass of water (120 ml) and boiled tteokbokki. After that add tomato sauce and spring onion then add corn starch flour solution then stir..
- Keep stirring until the rice cake turns soft and the sauce thickens and looks shiny, which should take about 10 -15 minutes..
- Serve it hot with sesame as topping. But i dont have sesame today hiks.
Rice cakes are simmered in a spicy red sauce of gochujang, chile, and garlic in this authentic recipe for the Korean snack, tteokbokki. This is a very hot and spicy snack eaten all over Korea in homes and at food stands in the street. It consists of a lovely red sauce and chewy rice cakes which look like. Tteokbokki is typical fare at Korean street food carts and is also found on the menu at most Korean food restaurants. It is made of finger-shaped rice cakes called garae tteok and gochujang, a type of chili pepper paste.