Black Sesame Dumplings (Tang Yuan).
You can have Black Sesame Dumplings (Tang Yuan) using 11 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Black Sesame Dumplings (Tang Yuan)
- Prepare 1 cup of glutinous rice flour.
- It’s 1/2 cup of water.
- You need of Filling :.
- It’s 3 tbs of black sesame seed.
- You need 3 tbs of brown sugar.
- Prepare 3 tbs of unsalted butter (softened, not melt).
- You need of For the syrup:.
- It’s 2 of " ginger (skin off).
- You need 2 cups of palm sugar (I used jaggery, coz no palm sugar here).
- It’s 2 of pandan leaves.
- It’s 3 cups of water.
Black Sesame Dumplings (Tang Yuan) instructions
- Roast sesame seed on a pan in very low heat in 7 minutes (keep eye on it, make sure it's not burn) and remove from heat..
- Grind roasted sesame in food processor until find add palm sugar and butter (do not melt the butter).
- Mix well rice flour and 1/2 cup of boiled water and knead dough just 5 – 10 minutes until no more stick to your hand. And cover with plastic so it will not dry..
- Rolled up the toasted sesame and make it into balls. (approximately as big as marble) and keep it on the fridge up to 1 or 2 hours until set..
- Take the rice flour dough and flatten with your hand and fill with the filling. And closed the dough over the filling. When it's done just cover with plastic so it won't dry..
- Make a ginger syrup, with fill 3 cups of water on a sauce pan together with 2 cups palm sugar and ginger, and pandan leaves bring it to boil..
- Now in the other sauce pan, boiled 4 cup water and bring it to boil, and add the dough in the boiling water. Cook until it floats..
- Serve the balls with ginger syrup when it's still hot. Enjoy!.