Wedang Ronde (Glutinous Rice Balls in Ginger Syrup).
You can cook Wedang Ronde (Glutinous Rice Balls in Ginger Syrup) using 17 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Wedang Ronde (Glutinous Rice Balls in Ginger Syrup)
- It’s of Rice Balls.
- You need 125 g of glutinous rice flour.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of rice flour.
- It’s 130 ml of water.
- You need of Some food coloring.
- You need of Filling.
- It’s 50 g of ground nut.
- It’s 40 g of palm sugar.
- You need 1 Tsp of water.
- Prepare of Ginger Syrup.
- Prepare 500 ml of water.
- It’s 30 g of ginger.
- It’s 2 of pandan leaves (knotted).
- Prepare 3 Tbsp of sugar.
- It’s 50 g of palm sugar.
- You need of Topping.
- Prepare of Roasted ground nut.
Wedang Ronde (Glutinous Rice Balls in Ginger Syrup) instructions
- Prepare ingredients for filling. Roast peanut on the pan for about 7 minutes with low heat. Wait until it is a bit cold, then peel the skin. Toss roasted peanut, palm sugar and water into food processor. I don't make it into paste, because I like the texture of peanut crumbs. Set aside..
- Prepare ingredients for rice ball. Roast glutinous rice flour in the pan for 5 minutes in low heat. I roast the flour in order to remove the taste of glutinous rice flour on rice ball..
- Mix glutinous rice flour, rice flour and water. Add water little by little and mix it with spatula or knead with your hand. Stop giving the water if the dough able to be shaped..
- Devide dough into 5 (You could skip this process if you want to make it colorless) and give it food coloring. I devided dough to 30 balls in total, 8 grams each or 1 Tsp..
- Make dough into ball with your hand and press it to ~2mm thick and put 1/4 tsp filling on the dough. Wrap the filling and shape the dough into ball again. Do it until no dough left..
- Heat water and bring it to boil. Put rice ball into boiling water and boil it until the ball float into the surface. Once it floats (cooked), take it out and put it on cold water. This process prevent balls stick to each other..
- Prepare ingredients for Ginger Syrup. Roast the ginger and bruised it. You can add more ginger for the strong spiciness of ginger if you like it..
- Put water, sugar, palm sugar, pandan leaf and ginger into saucepan. Boil it for 7 minutes. Put rice balls on the bowl and pour ginger syrup. Serve while it hot/warm..
- Wedang Ronde is ready to serve with roasted nut sprinkle ✨.