Lemper Ayam (Steamed Sticky Rice with Umami Chicken Layered).
You can have Lemper Ayam (Steamed Sticky Rice with Umami Chicken Layered) using 22 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Lemper Ayam (Steamed Sticky Rice with Umami Chicken Layered)
- It’s of Steam sticky rice.
- Prepare 1 kg of sticky rice (washed and soaked in water for 3-4 hours before using it).
- It’s 1 L of coconut milk.
- It’s 2 stalks of pandan leaves.
- You need 2 stalks of bay leaves.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare of Chicken filling.
- You need 2 pcs of chicken breast (boiled with 2 pcs of kaffir lime leaves to remove the odor then shredded into small pieces).
- You need 8 cloves of shallots.
- It’s 6 cloves of garlic.
- You need 3 pcs of candlenuts.
- It’s 1 tbs of coriander seed.
- Prepare 100 ml of coconut milk (or you can replace it with chicken stock).
- You need 2 pcs of kaffir lime leaves.
- You need 1 stalk of lemongrass.
- Prepare 1 tbs of salt.
- You need 1 tbs of sugar.
- You need 1 tsp of white pepper.
- It’s of Oil.
- It’s of The wrap.
- You need leaves of Banana.
- It’s of Tooth pick.
Lemper Ayam (Steamed Sticky Rice with Umami Chicken Layered) instructions
- Put the soaked sticky rice into steamer and steam about 10-15 mins. Set aside. On other sauce pan, boil the coconut cream together with pandan leaves, bay leaves and a pinch of salt. Put the steamed sticky rice to the sauce pan and stir until it well mixed and all the sticky rice is covered by coconut milk. Then put back again to steamer and steam to another 40-50 minutes or until the rice well cooked. Set aside. Anyway, dont forget to brush your steamer with a bit of oil before steam the rice.
- Put shallot, garlic, candlenut, coriander seed on food processor, then add kaffir lime leaves, lemongrass with a bit of oil on fry pan, Sauté until smell good. Put the shredded chicken, add sugar, salt and white pepper, stir again. Last but not least, put coconut milk/chicken stock and stir again until the liquid runs dry. You have to make the chicken a bit dry in texture. Set aside..
- Put sticky rice on bottom, layered with chicken and sticky rice again on baking tray/pyrex, cool-off until a bit hard, cut-off into small square then wrap it one by one. As the rice very sticky, dont forget to brush any tools with oil even if you use baking paper like mine. And also brush your knive with oil too before cutting off the lemper.