Sticky Rice (With Rice cooker). Cooking sticky rice in your rice cooker cuts down on steps and is so quick and easy to do you'll find yourself enjoying sticky rice more often. Sticky rice is excellent served with stir-fries, curries, or any dishes with a delicious sauce. It's also great for desserts like mango sticky rice.
For one, the rice cooker requires fewer steps than the stovetop and two, it's rather foolproof with its timing. Sticky rice or glutinous rice a staple food of Laos. Use the rice scoop to serve yourself a perfect scoop of sticky rice. You can cook Sticky Rice (With Rice cooker) using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Sticky Rice (With Rice cooker)
- It’s 2 Cups of Sticky rice.
- Prepare 200 g of Ground pork or mince sliced pork.
- You need 4 of Shitake mushroom.
- You need 2 tbsp. of dried onion.
- You need of Some Oil.
- You need 250 ml of Water or Chicken stock.
- It’s 1/2 tsp. of Salt.
- Prepare 2 tbsp. of Soy Sauce.
- Prepare of Optional: Dried small shrimps.
- Prepare of Meat Marinate Below:.
- Prepare 2 tbsp. of Soy sauce.
- It’s 1 tbsp. of Sesame oil.
- You need 1 tbsp. of Rice Wine.
Calrose rice is the absolute best kind of rice to make sticky rice with, but technically speaking any rice can be made into a sticky rice. Cooking sweet rice or glutinous rice is somewhat different than cooking regular rice. You need less water to cook it, which makes steaming a better option than a More importantly, those rice cookers can be expensive! We prefer to cook glutinous rice with a foolproof soaking and steaming method.
Sticky Rice (With Rice cooker) instructions
- Rinse sticky rice and soak for 2-3 hours. Then dump the water..
- During step1, prepare below: Soak shitake with hot water, once soft cut into small pieces. Ground pork marinate with “Meat Marinate”..
- Heat up a pan and add oil, then add the marinated meat, dried onion, shiitake mushroom (can add dried ship now), pan fry till fragrant. Add salt then mix well. Remove from heat..
- Put step 3 into the sticky rice pot, Add soy sauce and chicken stock. Mix everything and cook for 30 mins in the rice cooker..
- Once done, open the rice cooker and mix everything. (Try a little to make sure the rice is fully cooked, if not, close the lid while hot and steam for another 10 mins.).
Since my rice cooker does not have a specific mode for sticky rice, is it possible with my rice cooker, and if so how? Some related resources that didn't This lady is pleased with the results just using her one-setting cooker: Sticky Rice. If you have a rice cooker then you can cook sweet/sticky rice very successfully if you use a steaming basket. Better than the cooker's sticky rice program. Even cooking regular rice in various rice cookers has given very variable results but the model we are using at the moment is the best yet.