Mango coconut sticky rice. This Thai dessert of glutinous sticky rice, seasoned with salty-sweet coconut milk and served with tender, fragrant slices of mango, will make an Ataúlfo mangoes are a variety from Mexico that are much better than the Tommy Atkins variety usually sold. Thai sticky rice (also sold as "sweet" and. Sweetened coconut milk flavors sticky rice, which is then served with fresh mango in this deliciously refreshing take on the traditional Thai treat.
S., this can be a variation for people without it. Mangoes are finally in season in Canada so today we are super excited to share with you a delicious Thai dessert that's very popular. This mango sticky rice recipe requires just a few ingredients. You can cook Mango coconut sticky rice using 5 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Mango coconut sticky rice
- Prepare 1 cup of Glutinous Rice.
- You need 1 of mango.
- You need of Coconut Milk.
- You need 2 tbsp of condensed milk.
- Prepare Pinch of salt.
Use the ripest mangoes you can find, good-quality coconut milk (avoid "lite" The sticky rice is made in a pot on your stove, so you don't need a rice cooker. Coconut milk and brown sugar add delicious flavor to both the rice and the sauce. For Thai mango sticky rice, the sticky rice is steamed, mixed with thick coconut cream and sugar, paired with perfectly ripe yellow sweet mango, served with some extra coconut cream on the top to make it even better, and finally often some crispy yellow mung beans are sprinkled on the very top. My love affair with sticky rice began long ago at my all-time favorite Thai restaurant, Spice and Rice, in La Jolla, California.
Mango coconut sticky rice step by step
- Wash and soak rice. Use warm water and soak for about 2 hours..
- Cook rice however you'd like, rice cooker is my go to option.
- When rice is done, mix condensed milk, and salt. Depending on how moist your rice turns out, add coconut milk so it sticks together but not runny..
- You may want to save the rest of your coconut milk in a mason jar..
- Slice up your mango and top rice with it, half on each serving. (Makes 2).
- Drizzle with more coconut milk (I kind of went overboard, but you really can't go wrong), and serve!.
No meal at the beach town eatery All you need is four simple ingredients—rice, coconut milk, sugar and mango—to prepare this dynamic dessert duo. Mango and sticky rice is one of these favorite foods — a dessert treat I would order whenever I could in Thai restaurants. Coconut mango sticky rice is a popular dessert in the Indochina region of Southeast Asia, which includes Thailand, Cambodia, Laos and Vietnam. Then just use your fingers to fan the sliced mango half out a bit and shape it into a curve or a heart and mound the cooked coconut sticky rice next to it. Glutinous rice is cooked in creamy coconut milk and paired with sweet slices of mango for a delicious, aromatic dessert!