Klepon (Sweet Rice Ball).
You can have Klepon (Sweet Rice Ball) using 6 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Klepon (Sweet Rice Ball)
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of glutinous rice flour.
- It’s 3/4 cup of lukewarm water (or coconut milk).
- It’s 3 of drops pandan paste (or green food coloring).
- Prepare 8 tbsp of grated palm sugar.
- You need 1 cup of fresh grated coconut.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
Klepon (Sweet Rice Ball) step by step
- mix coconut with salt and steam for 10 minutes.
- in a bowl, mix glutinous rice flour with lukewarm water and pandan paste into a firm but flexible dough.
- pull of one full teaspoon of the dough and shape it into a ball with approximately 1 inch in diameter.
- push a finger into the center of the ball to make hole, put in 1/2 teaspoon of grated sugar. seal it and roll it back into ball with the palm of your hands.
- prepare all the balls and set them aside.
- prepare a pot half filled with water and bring it to boil.
- drop the balls into boiling water. remove the balls once they float to the water surface and then roll it in grated coconut.
- serve it at room temperature.
- makes 30 balls.