From Grandma – Long life & Health! Warm Soba Noodle.
You can cook From Grandma – Long life & Health! Warm Soba Noodle using 18 ingredients and 17 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of From Grandma – Long life & Health! Warm Soba Noodle
- You need 10 cups of water.
- You need 2 of dried shiitake mushroom.
- Prepare 1/2 package of abura age (Deep fried tofu).
- It’s 1 package of dashi.
- You need 1 of chicken breast.
- Prepare 200 g of (1 large) carrot.
- You need 180 g (5 cm) of daikon radish.
- It’s 1/2 of onion.
- Prepare 90 g (10 cm) of burdock root.
- Prepare 200 g (5 leaves) of Cabbage.
- It’s 100 g (20 pc) of snap peas.
- You need 5 of eggs.
- Prepare 1 cup of soy sauce.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of mentsuyu.
- Prepare 2 of scallions.
- It’s 5 pieces of mochi (Pounded sticky rice, if you have it).
- Prepare 5 bunch of soba noodles.
- Prepare of Ichimi togarashi.
From Grandma – Long life & Health! Warm Soba Noodle step by step
- Mince scallions. Set aside until the end..
- In a extra large pot, high heat, add water and chicken, shiitake mushrooms, abura age, (bite sized cut) and dashi pack. Heat until it’s boiled and turn it to medium-low after it..
- Peel carrots and cut into a tooth pick shape. And add to the pot. Turn the heat to medium..
- Peel daikon radish and cut the same shape as carrots. Add to the pot..
- Shave (not peel – the skin has lots of nutrients) the burdock roots using the dull edge of a knife and cut the same shape as carrots. To avoid discoloring, in a small bowl, put the cut burdocks into a cold water with 1 tsp white vinegar for 2 minutes. Rinse with cold water couple times. Add to the pot..
- Cut cabbages into the similar shape as others. Add to the pot..
- Thinly slice onion. Add to the pot..
- Peel the edge of snap peas. Add to the pot..
- Remove the chicken from the pot and cut into bite shapes. (It’s ok if it’s not cooked at this point. It will be cooked by the end). Return to the pot..
- Remove shiitake mushrooms from the pot and slice them and return to the pot..
- Turn the heat to high and let it boil. Make sure all the ingredients become clear..
- Add soy sauce and mentsuyu, keep the heat high. If it start boiling,turn the heat to low. We don’t want to have it bubbling hot because it ruins the flavor..
- Let’s cook the noodles. In a large pot, put soba noodle into a boiling water. Take out one minute shorter than instructed time, strain and rinse with cold water. Rinsing with cold water will avoid over cooking and also remove the stickiness. Keep the hot water and start boil the water again. Put aside the noodles..
- Drop eggs into the hot pot. (If you like half boiled soft egg, it takes 7 minutes)..
- (If you have mochi). Add mochi 2 minutes before eggs are done..
- Right before you serve, heat the noodles by using the saved boiling water. Put the noodles back into the boiling water for 30 seconds. This way, you can avoid having lukewarm soup which is not good. Strain. Place the noodles into the serving bowl then pour the soup over..
- Sprinkle the minced scallions (We didn’t have it today😅) at the end enjoy💕(if you like a little kick, add sprinkle of ichimi togarashi as well).