Palitaw (Filipino Rice Cake).
You can have Palitaw (Filipino Rice Cake) using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Palitaw (Filipino Rice Cake)
- You need of Rice Cake:.
- Prepare 2 cups of glutinous rice flour.
- You need 1 cup of water.
- You need of water for boiling.
- It’s of Coating:.
- It’s 1 cup of grated mature coconut.
- Prepare of Toppings:.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of sesame seeds.
- You need 1/2 cup of granulated white sugar.
Palitaw (Filipino Rice Cake) instructions
- Start by toasting sesame seeds until lightly browned or fragrant. Combine with sugar once cooled. Set aside. This will be your topping..
- In a bowl, combine glutinous rice flour and water until a doug is formed..
- Using an ice cream scoop, form into little balls and then flatten into small oval shapes..
- On a pot, boil enough water to submergethe rice cake. Once boiling, reduce to low boil and drop each piece. Do not overcrowd the pot. Once the rice cake floats, it is already done. Set aside to cool..
- Once slightly cooled, cover each piece with grated coconut and top with sesame and sugar mixture..