Filipino Food Series: Bicho-Bicho, Shakoy.
You can have Filipino Food Series: Bicho-Bicho, Shakoy using 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Filipino Food Series: Bicho-Bicho, Shakoy
- Prepare 1/4 cup of butter melted.
- It’s 3/4 cups of milk.
- Prepare 3 tsp of sugar (made this less sweeter but you can add depending on how sweet you want it l).
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 2 cups of all purpose flour.
- It’s 1/2 cup of glutinous rice flour (this is optional).
- You need 2 1/2 tsp of dry active yeast.
- You need 1 cup of vegetable Oil.
Filipino Food Series: Bicho-Bicho, Shakoy instructions
- Wet ingredients. Melt butter over Low fire then add milk, sugar and salt. Continue stirring until sugar and salt dissolves. Turn of the fire and set aside..
- Mix the dry ingredients. Mix the flour, glutinous flour and yeast together. Pour in the butter and milk to the mixture then fold and knead for 20 minutes..
- Add 2 tsp oil to the dough and let it rest for an hour to rise. When the dough doubled the size, punch the air, knead and then let it sit for another 30 minutes..
- Roll the dough and cut into 15 slices (size depends on the pan you will be using).
- Roll and twist the dough to make twisted donuts (I made twisted and oval shaped donuts for the cheese fillings).
- Pre-heat the pan and add oil. Fry the donuts in medium fire. Turn each sides until golden brown..
- Drizzle with sugar and serve!.