麻糍 MUAH CHEE. Muah Chee (or 麻糍 in Chinese) is a traditional Hokkien snack. In the past, this simple Chinese snacks can be found almost anywhere in Singapore. Simplified Recipe: Muah Chee (Mochi) 麻糍 Glutinous Rice Balls w/ Peanuts
There are two ways in which this dessert can be made. Muah Chee making is actually rather simple. Most importantly, it has got to be chewy and springy at the same time. You can cook 麻糍 MUAH CHEE using 4 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of 麻糍 MUAH CHEE
- It’s 1 cup of – glutinous rice flour.
- Prepare 1 cup of – water.
- Prepare 3 teaspoons of – shallot oil / oil.
- Prepare of Ground peanut powder (with sugar).
Muah chee uses long grain glutinous rice flour while Mochi uses short grain glutinous rice flour. The latter is much more stickier and starchier than long grain glutinous rice. Muah Chee 麻糍 is originated in Southern China. It is a steamed sticky dough basically made of glutinous flour, cut in small pieces and coated with sugar and fine or crushed roasted peanuts and sometimes also with toasted sesame added.
麻糍 MUAH CHEE instructions
- Mix glutinous rice flour, water and oil in a bowl.
- Stir well, make sure there's no lump.
- Steam for 20 minutes (I used pressure cooker).
- Remove from steam pot (coat some oil on spatula) and stir well (keep folding in till the much Chee dough rolled up like a ball).
- Use another bowl, pour grounded peanuts.. Cut the muah Chee dough into smaller pieces using spatula and coat well.
- Plate and serve 😋😋.
When I saw Mikko and Shan made this easy Muah Chee. INTRODUCTION Muah Chee is basically a type of cooked sticky rice dough coated with sugar, grounded peanuts and sesame seeds. It may sound preposterous but using a microwave is easy. Its is a traditional snack sold in night markets or now, in food courts. Sticky springy pillowy soft mua chee coated with sweet ground roasted peanuts or sweetened black.