You can cook Puto Maya using 6 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Puto Maya
- Prepare 2 cups of Glutinous Rice.
- You need 2 cups of Coconut milk.
- You need 3/4 cups of White Sugar.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Salt.
- It’s of Thumbsize ginger.
- Prepare leaves of Banana.
Puto Maya instructions
- Soak glutinous rice in water for 8 hours or overnight.
- Rinse and strain water from rice.
- Add the coconut milk, sugar, salt and minced ginger cut into thin pieces.
- Continue to stir on medium low heat until most liquid is absorbed.
- Steam the banana leaves. This is to avoid tearing..
- Place the banana leaf like a plate in the steamer then pour the rice..
- Steam for 30 mins..
- Fold the sheets of banana leaves into a cone.
- Place the cooked rice into the cones.
- Serve with mangoes and hot chocolate.