Cranberry Butter Sugar Buns.
You can have Cranberry Butter Sugar Buns using 17 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Cranberry Butter Sugar Buns
- You need 1 of . Water roux.
- It’s 3 g of bread flour.
- It’s 2 g of glutinous rice flour.
- It’s 25 g of water.
- You need 2 of . Bread.
- Prepare 200 g of bread flour.
- It’s 10 g of cake flour.
- It’s 7 g of full cream milk powder.
- You need 1 of egg.
- It’s 90 g of cold water.
- Prepare 20 g of oil.
- Prepare 35 g of sugar.
- It’s 3 of . Fillings.
- Prepare 30 g of dried cranberry.
- It’s 4 of . Topping.
- You need 50 g of cold butter.
- It’s 30 g of icing sugar.
Cranberry Butter Sugar Buns step by step
- Water roux: in a pot, mix 3g bread flour with 2g glutinous rice flour Pour water into the flour mixture and blend well. Stir the content over low heat till the content reaches about 65℃, or till thickens into a glossy translucent water roux. Cover with cling wrap, and cool down before use. Set aside..
- In the mixing bowl of a standing mixer, add dry ingredients followed by the wet ingredients. Knead at Slow speed to mix all the ingredients together. Increase to the medium Speed and knead for about 3 minutes. Cover and let the dough rest for about 30 minutes. Knead at Medium speed for about 12 to 15 minutes, or till reaching window pane stage. Transfer the dough to a big mixing bowl greased with a little oil. Cover with a lid and let it proof for double in size..
- Invert out the dough onto a well floured work top. Deflate the dough and divide it into 8 equal portions. Shape the individual dough into balls, cover with a lid, and let them rest for about 15 minutes..
- Take a dough and roll out into a flat dough of about 0.5cm thick. Add some cranberry bits to both ends of the dough. Roll both the shorter ends toward to center. Pinch to seal & Shape into a short roll dough..
- Arrange the shaped dough on a baking tray lined with a parchment payper. Keep the shaped dough in a cold oven to undergo second proofing till the dough double in size..
- While waiting for the dough to proof, cut the cold butter into strips, and store in the fridge till needed..
- Transfer the shaped dough out of oven, and start to preheat the oven to 200℃ for about 10 minutes. Dust some bread flour over the top of the shaped dough. Use a razor blade to cut a series of shallow slits along the longer edge of the dough.Cut a deeper slit along the centre line of the shaped dough. Place the cut cold butter along the deeper slit, and dust a thick layer of icing sugar over..
- Bake at 200℃ for 5 minutes, reduce the temperature to 180℃ and bake for about 12 minutes, or till the buns turn golden. Transfer the buns to cool down over a wire rack..
- Best served warm..