“Imo-mochi,” sticky potato cake. Peel the potatoes and boil them. Discard the water and burn off excess water. Imo Mochi is one of the popular Hokkaido snack made with potato and potato starch.
The Anatomy of a Mochi Cake Perhaps Japan's most representative confection is a mochi cake of steamed and pounded sticky rice, sometimes Kyoto is not particularly known for sweet potatoes but they are grown here. Sweet potato country is down south. The appearance and taste of this 'mochi'. You can have “Imo-mochi,” sticky potato cake using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of “Imo-mochi,” sticky potato cake
- Prepare 2 of potatoes (200 g).
- It’s 2 tbsp. of potato starch(18 g).
- You need 1 tbsp. of salad oil (12 g).
- It’s of Sauce ingredients:.
- It’s 3 tbsp. of ・sugar.
- Prepare 2 tsp. of ・soy sauce.
- You need 2 tsp. of ・“mirin,” sweet rice wine for cooking.
- Prepare 2 tsp. of ・potato starch.
- You need 3 tbsp. of ・water.
“Imo-mochi,” sticky potato cake step by step
- Peel the potatoes and boil them. Discard the water and burn off excess water..
- Mash the potatoes while they are hot. Once cooled down, add potato starch and mix..
- Divide the mix into four, roll each of them into a ball shape and flatten..
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and fry both sides..
- Place the sauce ingredients in a pan, boil on low heat and stir until it is thickened..
- Pour the sauce over the sticky potato cakes..