You can cook Mitarashi Dango using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Mitarashi Dango
- Prepare 6 tbsp of glutinous rice flour.
- You need 2 tbsp of rice flour.
- Prepare 100 ml of water.
- You need of Food coloring of your choice.
- It’s of Water for boiling.
- It’s of For sauce:.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of sugar.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of shoyu.
- It’s 100 ml of water.
- You need 1 tbsp of katakuriko dissolved in 1-2 tbsp of water.
Mitarashi Dango instructions
- Combine all flour and 100 ml of water. Knead well. If it is too sticky, add more flour. If it is too solid, add more water..
- I divided the dough and colored one part red..
- Here's the fun part! Boil the water (about 1-1.5 liters) while shaping the dough into whatever form you fancy. The traditional shape is round, but I like to play around. Once you finish shaping the dough, plunge it into the boiling water..
- Wait about a minute after the pieces float. Scoop them. You can either skewer them or leave them as they are..
- How to make the sauce: combine sugar, shoyu, and water until the sugar is dissolved. Add katakuriko slurry bit by bit so it won't clump. When the mixture is boiling, reduce the heat and continue stirring for about three minutes until the mixture thickens..
- Pour over the dango, and serve!.