Pulut Tai Tai.
You can have Pulut Tai Tai using 6 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Pulut Tai Tai
- Prepare 800 g of Glutinous Rice.
- Prepare 15 Stalks of Blue Pea Flower.
- It’s 250 g of Thick Coconut Milk.
- Prepare 1/4 of tsb Salt.
- It’s 2 of Pandan Salt.
- You need 1 of Banana Leaf (oiled).
Pulut Tai Tai step by step
- First, wash and soak glutinous rice for at least 2 hours and drained. Then soak blue pea flowers in hot water (150ml) until the water turns dark blue. Remove the flowers and set aside the blue coloured water..
- Next, oil banana leaves and place on baking tray. Then place soaked glutinous rice and pour in 180ml of the coconut milk with salt added. Stir to mix well..
- Add knotted pandan leaves. Bring water in steamer to a boil and steam glutinous rice over medium heat for 20 minutes. Then remove pandan leaves and add the remaining 70 ml coconut milk..
- Give a quick mix. Then add the 150ml blue coloured water and mix the glutinous rice to create a marbled effect. Then steam for another 20 minutes..
- When done, remove from steamer and press as hard and as level as possible to compact the rice. Then, leave at room temperature to cool completely before cutting. Before cutting, scrape along the sides with a spatula for easier removing of the glutinous rice..
- When completely cooled, cut into desired sizes. Then place a scoop of kaya (coconut jam) on the top of the rice cake before serving..
- Best to serve as a snack for afternoon tea and Enjoy!.