Crispy Fried Rice.
You can have Crispy Fried Rice using 4 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Crispy Fried Rice
- You need 2-3 cups of One day old sticky type rice (not sticky rice).
- Prepare 4-6 cloves of garlic.
- It’s 2-4 Tbsp of oil drippings (ex. Bacon, link sausage, fat of meat).
- You need Dash of Seasoned Salt (optional).
Crispy Fried Rice instructions
- You will need: a good old iron or metal pan, not the non-stick kind of course..
- After cooking some bacon or some juicy meat that leaves it's natural fatty juices in the pan, check your fridge for some leftover rice..
- This works best for the sticky kind of rice. But please understand I don't mean sticky rice which is used to make Asian cakes and desserts. In Asia, we have many types of rice grain, that when you add the same amount of water, each type cooks differently. Some cook soft and fluffy, some comes out sticky, some easily separates from each grain like regular fried rice..
- Japanese rice is a good example of a sticky type kind of rice..
- In the pan, keep the drippings in medium-high heat then add and brown the chopped garlic then add the rice. You'll hear little pops and crackles. Mix a bit so the oil is distributed evenly. Optional- Sprinkle your favorite salt seasoning..
- Then start spreading flat on the pan, pressing a little with a spatula. Leave a minute or two or more (it depends) before scraping under with the spatula and turning it over. You'll start to see the bottom part sticking to the pan..
- Do this a few times until you get crunchy looking bits. Try a sample of the rice, if it's crunchy to the bite then you're doing it right. (See photo of how the rice sticks to the pan. This didn't work as much with regular rice).
- Serve with your favorite protein immediately..