Chicken Arroz Caldo.
You can have Chicken Arroz Caldo using 16 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chicken Arroz Caldo
- You need 1 of whole chicken, cut into serving size.
- It’s 1 tbsp. of oil.
- It’s 1 of small onion minced.
- It’s 5 cloves of garlic minced.
- Prepare 4 tbsp. of ginger minced.
- It’s 1 tbsp. of fish sauce.
- It’s 1 cup of sticky rice.
- You need 6-7 cups of water.
- Prepare 3 of chicken bouillon cubes.
- It’s of salt & pepper for taste.
- It’s of fried garlic bits.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of green onions chopped.
- Prepare of calamansi or lemon cut into wedges.
- You need of fish sauce.
- It’s 1/2 cup of oil for garlic bits.
- Prepare 1 head of garlic minced.
Chicken Arroz Caldo instructions
- Trim chicken of unwanted fat, rinse and drain well.
- Take a pot and heat oil on medium, then add onions, ginger, & garlic. Cook for 4 minutes stirring regulary.
- Add chicken and cook, stirring regularly, until lightly browned then add fish sauce and continue to cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add water and rice and bring to a boil then add bouillon cubes and stir to dissolve.
- Lower heat, cover, and simmer, stirring occasionally until the rice has softened and the congee has thickened to desired consistency then season with salt and pepper to your taste then let it sit and cool for a bit.
- While it's cooling take a small pan over low heat, add oil and cook garlic until golden and crisp then remove toasted garlic and drain on paper towel.
- Serve in a bowl and garnish with green onions and toasted garlic. Add calamansi or lemon and additional fish sauce as necessary for your taste. Serve hot, and enjoy!.