You can cook Kue Koci using 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Kue Koci
- You need of For the filling:.
- You need 300 g of young grated coconut.
- You need 150 g of palm sugar.
- You need 50 ml of water.
- It’s 2 of pandan leaves, torn small.
- You need 1 tsp of glutinous rice flour.
- You need 1 pinch of salt.
- It’s of For the glutinous rice dough:.
- Prepare 4 tbsp. of black glutinous rice. Soak over night, blend with some of coconut milk until smooth.
- Prepare 300 g of glutinous rice flour.
- Prepare 250 ml of coconut milk.
- Prepare 1 tbsp. of sugar.
- It’s 1 pinch of salt.
- You need of Banana leaves for wrapping, cut into 10cm diameter round.
Kue Koci instructions
- For the filling: put together sugar, salt, pandan leaves and water into a sauce pan, bring to boil until the sugar has melted..
- On low heat, add in grated coconut, and cook until the liquid is almost evaporated..
- Sprinkle in the glutinous rice flour, continue cooking until there is no liquid left..
- For the glutinous rice dough: put all ingredients in a large mixing bowl, knead well to form a smooth dough. Divide the dough equally into 15 pieces..
- Put one piece of dough on your palm, flatten it..
- Add 1 tsp the filling in the centre of the dough, gather up the edges to seal the filling inside..
- Fold a piece of banana leaf into a cone, put in the filled dough, wrap and tuck in with a toothpick the end neatly. Steam for 15-20 minutes..