Fried yam balls. Deep fried yam balls served in a white plate Fried Shrimp ball. Chinese dim sum Fried Shrimp ball – Chinese groumet cuisine Fried Shrimp ball. Be the first to review this recipe.
Yam Ball is another way to enjoy sweet yam. Crunchy fried yam chips goes well with stew and you won't want to stop eating especially if the yam just got off the frying oil! Stuffed Potato(yam) Ball(s) is a Latin American snack that has made it's way to the Nigerian kitchen. You can cook Fried yam balls using 7 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Fried yam balls
- Prepare 250 g of yam.
- It’s 70 g of glutinous rice flour.
- You need 70 g of tapioca flour.
- It’s 4 tbsp of sugar.
- You need 1/4 tsp of salt.
- It’s of Adequate water.
- Prepare of Adequate oil.
Mash and mix in. mixture into small balls. The joy of fried yam alone is enough. For that person who slandered yam (and all of you who do the same in the corner of your rooms), we have something to say to you Yam is a common food here in Nigeria. It can be eaten in different forms, boiled, fried, or even pounded (Pounded Yam as we like to call it).
Fried yam balls instructions
- Cut 250 g yam into slices. Steam and mash it..
- Add in 4 tbsp sugar and 1/4 tsp salt to mix well..
- Add in 70 g glutinous rice flour and 70 g tapioca flour..
- Add in adequate oil to mix well and add adequate water if it's too dry..
- Knead briefly until it forms a dough. Divide the dough into small portions and roll into balls..
- Heat oil, put in the small portions and deep-fry until golden brown..
I love this food so much and decided to try out a new way… Read and cook delicious yam balls for your family. Yam is a vegetable that resembles a long potato. As a result, you can come across a variety of recipes with yam and all are very delicious. View top rated Fried yam recipes with ratings and reviews. Use your chopsticks to poke a hole through each yam balls.