Rice Pudding. Well that settled it, rice pudding it would be. Rice pudding is a wonderful way to use up leftover rice. Served hot, it instantly becomes a comfort food on a cold, winter night; served cold, and it becomes a refreshing dessert on a hot, summer day.
Stir up childhood memories along with a creamy rice pudding. We have ideas for fruity twists on this comforting dessert, plus a low-fat slow cooker version. Rice Pudding meets all the criteria of a comfort food. You can have Rice Pudding using 11 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Rice Pudding
- Prepare 2 cup of Thai glutinous rice.
- Prepare 5 cup of coconut milk.
- It’s 1 tbsp of coconut oil.
- It’s 1 tbsp of honey.
- You need 1 tsp of ground fresh nutmeg.
- Prepare 1 of star anise.
- Prepare 2 of black cardamom seeds.
- Prepare 4 of green cardamom seeds.
- It’s 1 large of cinnamon stick.
- Prepare 1 of vanilla bean (or 2 tsp extract).
- It’s 2 tbsp of sugar.
That is, it evokes feelings of nostalgia, it is simple to make, uses the most basic of ingredients (milk, rice, and sugar), and tastes good. There's nothing like it in the world. You've gotta use medium-grain rice when you make rice pudding. The first time I ever had rice pudding was when I was in college.
Rice Pudding instructions
- Put 3 1/2 cups coconut milk, honey, vanilla and spices in a large saucepan. Reserve remaining coconut milk. Cover and leave at room temperature for 1 hour..
- Put sauce pan on medium high heat and bring to a low boil stirring frequently..
- Reduce to medium and cover. Simmer 15 minutes, stir regularly..
- When it has reduced by 3/4 cup, remove the spices and vanilla bean with a strainer..
- Return to medium high and a low boil, add coconut oil and sugar..
- Add rice and boil, stirring constantly for 5 minutes..
- Reduce to low and cover until all liquid is absorbed..
- Stir well and add remaining coconut milk..
- Return to medium high and bring to a low boil, stirring constantly..
- Reduce to low, cover and leave it for 15 minutes..
- If the rice is still too firm, add 1/2 cup coconut milk and repeat until desired consistency..
- Garnish with a fresh mint leaf and ginger sugar, cinnamon or coco powder..
- Serve warm, enjoy.;-).
I spent a semester in Spain and This amazing woman often spent all day cooking, and made the rice pudding fresh in the morning. Enjoy Homemade Rice Pudding with Raisins Today (Source: ©simonida/Depositphotos.com). First, a little history: These old fashioned rice pudding recipes have a long tradition dating from Roman and. Rice pudding: discover how a simple ingredient can change everything when making a rice In this cooking video tutorial I am revisiting a simple rice pudding recipe and for the first time I am actually. Rice pudding recipe With step by step photos – i had made this delicious rice pudding with leftover cooked rice and the pudding was so good that I thought of sharing on the blog.