Pig Trotter Vinegar.
You can have Pig Trotter Vinegar using 7 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Pig Trotter Vinegar
- Prepare 10 pieces of spare ribs or.
- It’s 1 of pig trotter (chopped into pieces by supermarket assistant).
- It’s 2 of big pieces of old ginger (remove skin and cut into slices).
- It’s 1 of big bottle of black sweet rice vinegar (chan Kong thye).
- It’s 8 of eggs.
- Prepare 1 packet of gula malacca (sing long).
- It’s 4 tablespoons of sesame oil.
Pig Trotter Vinegar instructions
- Put the room temperature eggs into a pot and fill with water. Amount of water should enough where it is one inch above the eggs. Boil for 6 to 7 minutes and switch off the fire. Let them cool down before peeling the shells..
- Blanch the spare ribs with boiling water for about 5 minutes. Drain the water and set the pork aside. If using the pig trotter, cut away the fats and use twister to remove the hair on the skin after blanching..
- Pour 4 tablespoons of sesame oil and ginger slices into a pot to fry a while..
- Add in half a bottle of vinegar and same amount of water into the pot with the vinegar. The ratio of vinegar to water is 1:1. Cover the pot and let it boil..
- When the vinegar in the pot boils, put in the blanched pork. Turn the fire to medium small and let it boil for 30 minutes..
- After 30 minutes, put one gula malacca sugar in. Continue to cover and boil until sugar melts (about 5 to 10 minutes)..
- After the sugar melts, taste to see if OK. If the stock is OK, put the hard boil eggs in. Add a bit of cornflour with water mixture to thicken the stock slightly..