Rainbow Onde-Onde (Sesame Ball).
You can have Rainbow Onde-Onde (Sesame Ball) using 18 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Rainbow Onde-Onde (Sesame Ball)
- You need of Filling.
- It’s 100 g of mung bean (soak for 12 hours and peel the skin).
- It’s 85 g of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 65 ml of thick coconut milk.
- Prepare 1/4 Tsp of vanilla powder.
- You need 1 of pandan leaf.
- It’s pinch of salt.
- Prepare of Dough.
- Prepare 250 g of glutinous rice flour.
- You need 30 g of rice flour.
- It’s 50 g of mashed potato.
- It’s 4 Tbsp of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 160 ml of warm water.
- It’s pinch of salt.
- It’s of food coloring (red, blue, green, purple).
- Prepare of Coating.
- It’s of Water.
- Prepare 55 g of sesame seed.
Rainbow Onde-Onde (Sesame Ball) instructions
- Prepare filling ingredients. Steam mung beans for 20 minutes and blend it into paste with food processor. Blend with vanilla powder and half of coconut milk (30 ml).
- Heat pan in low heat and pour coconut milk, sugar and pandan leaf. Cook until sugar dissolved, then pour mung bean paste into pan. Keep stir the paste until it can be shaped. Turn of heat and let it cool..
- Take 1 Tsp of mung bean paste and shape it into ball. The result is 27 balls. (you could add the amount of paste as you like).
- Next, prepare ingredients for dough. Mix everything into a bowl (except water and food coloring). Add warm water little by little and keep stir the dough with spatula until it can be shaped. You can knead it with your hand. Give small amount of water if the dough is still crumble..
- Divide dough into 5. Give 4 dough food coloring. I gave 2 drops of food coloring for each dough 2..
- Since I have 27 filling balls, I devided again 2 doughs to 6, and the other to 5..
- Shape dough to ball then compress it. Take one filling and wrap it with dough. Do it until no filling left..
- Prepare ingredients for coating. Put a ball into water, move and coat ball with sesame seeds. Softly press sesame seeds in order to prevent it fall out while frying..
- In a large pan, fill it with oil. Soak onde-onde in the oil. Turn on stove in low heat. Wait until bubbles appear and Onde-Onde becomes a bit firm. Then change fire to medium heat. Keep stir Onde-Onde while frying. Fry it for about 7 minutes until golden brown..
- I fried Onde-Onde in 2 batches. Let the oil cold again and repeat the frying step. This method prevents the dough from exploded while frying..
- Onde-Onde is ready to serve with your favorite tea or coffee ✨.