Matcha shiratama Mizu Yōkan ; Wagashi. The base layer is mizu yokan, which is basically red bean paste (anko) agar-agar. And the top layer is matcha kanten. I made Wagashi Bamboo tube Mizu Yokan(Yōkan).
With this recipe, it can easily be made at home. Mizu yokan with delightful chestnut inside red bean jelly, this easy and chilled Japanese sweet is perfect to enjoy on hot days. Have you tried or seen a Japanese red bean jelly called Yokan (羊羹, ようかん)? You can cook Matcha shiratama Mizu Yōkan ; Wagashi using 7 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Matcha shiratama Mizu Yōkan ; Wagashi
- It’s 2 g of Agar ager.
- Prepare 100 ml of Water for Mizu Yōkan.
- It’s 200 g of Koshian (bean jam).
- You need 2 Tbsp of Kuro mitsu (brown sugar syrup).
- Prepare 50 g of Shiratama ko (glutinous rice flour).
- You need 2 g of Matcha.
- You need 50-60 ml of Water for Shiratama.
This traditional Japanese sweet is usually shaped like a rectangular block and the texture. Mizu yokan is a chilled Japanese dessert made of red (or white) bean jelly, popular in the summer. There are several flavor varieties of yokan and mizu yokan. Yōkan (羊羹) is a thick, jellied Japanese dessert made of red bean paste, agar, and sugar.
Matcha shiratama Mizu Yōkan ; Wagashi step by step
- Ingredients for 6 cups.
- Add 2 Tbsp of Kuro-mitsu (brown sugar syrup) into 200g of Koshi an (bean jam). Mix them well..
- <<Make Mizu Yōkan>> Knead 2g of Matcha with a little water..
- Mix the Matcha and 50g of shiratama ko. Mix them as adding water..
- Add water and mix it until it becomes as soft as an earlobe. Divide it into 18. Make each one round and squash little..
- Put them into boiling water. Boil them until coming up to the hot water's surface. Take them out. (leave spaces between each other).
- <<Make Mizu Yōkan>> Put 100ml of water in a pot. Add 2g of agar ager and mix them. Heat it up on a medium flame to boiling..
- Turn down the flame. Simmer it for 2min. Pour the agar liquid into the Koshian mixture. Mix them quickly..
- Pour the half of the Koshian mixture into 6 cups..
- Put 2 Match shiratama into each molds. (Get the hands wet before touch the shiratama.) Pour the rest of the Koshian mixture. Put 1 Match shiratama on the top of the each. Set them. Enjoy it cooled. ※Don't leave them long or Shiratama (mochi) become hardened..
It is usually sold in a block form, and eaten in slices. There are two main types: neri yōkan and mizu yōkan. Customers who viewed this item also viewed. Flavor:Mizu Yokan Matcha & Kinako Kuromitsu. Damos la bienvenida al solsticio de verano con la receta de un postre japonés, típico de la temporada veraniega, como es el mizu yōkan.